joinin judo

D

Deathtrap101

HEy im thinkin of joining judo for a bit, hte last year i did karate and got my yellow belt. And because my dojo here is now closed im thinking of going to Judo. What am i gonna see when i get in there??

Kempojujutsu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Since judo is a throwing art, the first thing they will show you is how to break fall. After the break falls you will probably start to learn a few throws.
Bob :asian:

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Judo is a physical workout! Expect falling practice, including being a throwing dummy for other students, followed by elarning some standing throws, and practice practice practice. You'll get a lot of free sparring and a chance to find out what really works! Eventually, you'll get groundwork--locks, chokes, escapes. Some schools still teach non-sport self-defense techniques but I think they're rare.

OP
C

Chiduce

Judo is a very good art to study. Once you get the competition part down, then you can futher your studies within the jujutsu/jujitsu side of the art.
Sincerely, In Humility;
Chiduce!

OP
J

J-kid

I find judo is a great Martial art. My coach teachs us Judo/Jujutsu Wrestling All forms of grappling pritty much. I am also taking Mauy Thia kickboxing to go with it, I believe i have a killer conbo between the Two. I WOULD STRONGLY RECCOMED JUDO for you. Good luck on your training judo-kid.

Yari

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I would recommend Judo too, but beware that hip and neck problems can get worse by the throws.

/Yari

Latest Discussions