Joe Rogan

thetruth

Black Belt
Reaction score
Is it just me or does Joe Rogan constantly yell? He's like some sort of well spoken Sam Kinnison. It hurts my ears to listen to him.

Cheers
Sammy:asian:

Dave Leverich

Black Belt
Reaction score
You ever see his stand-up?
He was a riot, I mean tears streaming down my face riot heh. Then he did that Newsradio show, pretty quiet comparitively, then Fear Factor a little more fun. Then UFC commentary. Interesting career path.
I believe he's a 2nd or 3rd in TKD as well, no idea lately on his training but I imagine he's still doing something.

And yeah, he yells a lot hehe.

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
Not to mention having the cojones to tell the truth about Carlos Mencia in public.

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You ever see his stand-up?
He was a riot, I mean tears streaming down my face riot heh. Then he did that Newsradio show, pretty quiet comparitively, then Fear Factor a little more fun. Then UFC commentary. Interesting career path.
I believe he's a 2nd or 3rd in TKD as well, no idea lately on his training but I imagine he's still doing something.

And yeah, he yells a lot hehe.

He trains in BJJ with Eddie Bravo.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't he win some world title or another in TKD at an early age (19 yrs)?

Won the U.S. Open Tae Kwon Do lightweight championship, then went on to beat the middle and heavyweight champions for the Grand Championship. Was Massachusetts TKD champ for 4 years as a teenager. I know someone who was in TKD class with him, and remembers him as a pretty tough customer....

Dave Leverich

Black Belt
Reaction score
Too bad, that plummeted him from "cautious respect" to "utter douchebag" for me in one precipitious moment.

Heh, it doesn't have to be all black and white you know. :D
I think he's a hilarious comic, pretty decent announcer (once he figured out there was more you could say than 'He got ROCKED' to every hit heh). I think he could rip quite a few people in half, then I found out about his martial background heh.

He does have some unique ideas on certain subjects to be sure, but on others he's not so bad. Like most of us, we're not 100% agreeable to anyone else we know.

But yeah, there are those out there than I just want to kick in the head, really hard.

Odin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Too bad, that plummeted him from "cautious respect" to "utter douchebag" for me in one precipitious moment.

Just a question but could YOU prove the moon landings? what evidence was there bar a bunch of dodgy photos?

I think Joe Rogan is a very smart guy.

Odin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Heh, it doesn't have to be all black and white you know. :D
I think he's a hilarious comic, pretty decent announcer (once he figured out there was more you could say than 'He got ROCKED' to every hit heh). I think he could rip quite a few people in half, then I found out about his martial background heh.

He does have some unique ideas on certain subjects to be sure, but on others he's not so bad. Like most of us, we're not 100% agreeable to anyone else we know.

But yeah, there are those out there than I just want to kick in the head, really hard.

I think he is an excellent commentor one of the few in MMA that actually knows what he is talking about especially when it goes to ground....so one need to get rid of goldberg, how trhe hell does he still have a job? he spends his time repeating what rogan says....and is corrected by rogan all the time for making stupid comments....lol i remeber when he said to liddel ''you can hardly be described as a counter puncher can you chuck''
chuck-''well actually I kind of am''

Mark L

Brown Belt
Reaction score
... once he figured out there was more you could say than 'He got ROCKED' to every hit heh ...
Ya, now all he seems to say is "He's goin' for the kimura". I think he does a pretty good job, particularly in comparison with his idiot partner. Did you see the Dodge ('70 or '71 Hemi 'Cuda) he had Chip Foose build, perhaps the most awesome project car I've seen chronicled on TV.

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
Just a question but could YOU prove the moon landings? what evidence was there bar a bunch of dodgy photos?

Guess there's no getting anything past you (or Joe Rogan). The truth is, they didn't go to the moon. They went to Gor.

Dave Leverich

Black Belt
Reaction score
You know, on Rogan's commentary, yeah I think he really has gotten it down. He'll describe and set up things as someone's going for a triangle choke, trying to get the hooks in, kimura, rear etc. The nice thing is that he's illustrating and explaining as he's going, which might get irritating to veteran ground-fighters... but for me it's been informative to know the different chokes and manuevers. Why this one didn't land, how Bob got out of that one by reversing this, etc.

From that standpoint I think he's done quite well.

Dave Leverich

Black Belt
Reaction score
Although, he's a TMA with TKD background and soo soooo often I'll see someone throw a crappy crappy round kick and he's 'NICE roundkick!'.. I'm wondering if someone in the crowd did one ;p.

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
You know, on Rogan's commentary, yeah I think he really has gotten it down. He'll describe and set up things as someone's going for a triangle choke, trying to get the hooks in, kimura, rear etc. The nice thing is that he's illustrating and explaining as he's going, which might get irritating to veteran ground-fighters... but for me it's been informative to know the different chokes and manuevers. Why this one didn't land, how Bob got out of that one by reversing this, etc.

From that standpoint I think he's done quite well.

I agree, as someone without a grappling background I find his commentary very helpful to understand what the heck is going on down there. Especially on the replays where he can go into more detail about the moves.

geocad

Green Belt
Reaction score

I'm curious. Does anyone know of his formal education? Does he have a science background (besides Martial Science)? Has he studied basic physics? How did he form his opinion on the Lunar Landings?

IMHO Math is the universal language and provides credit to lots of things people just have a hard time believing. Hopefully no one here will start debating the age of the Earth, fossils, or the Grand Canyon.

So then who is the former NASA guy that broke his code of silence?

This debate should be a new thread.

Stillelman

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Although, he's a TMA with TKD background and soo soooo often I'll see someone throw a crappy crappy round kick and he's 'NICE roundkick!'.. I'm wondering if someone in the crowd did one ;p.

While I'll agree somewhat with your comment. He is an announcer, but he is also selling the sport. If someone tunes in, do you want the anouncer constantly critizicing the fighters? That will not bring back people to keep watching the sport. I think showing good matches (get rid of Josh "Bring me Pain" Haynes), and while maybe he should not praise them for every move, he also has to sell the sport to the new people.

Latest Discussions