Joe Lewis take down on Ali

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
So I read in the book bruce lee conversations an interview with joe lewis and he told a story about watching Ali at a demonstration then getting asked into the ring and he asked Ali how would he defend a takedown and Ali told him to do it and Lewis took him down 3 times easily according to him.

My question is is there any actual footage or proof of this as I've looked online and only found videos of joe Louis and Ali but not the kickboxer joe lewis.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So I read in the book bruce lee conversations an interview with joe lewis and he told a story about watching Ali at a demonstration then getting asked into the ring and he asked Ali how would he defend a takedown and Ali told him to do it and Lewis took him down 3 times easily according to him.

My question is is there any actual footage or proof of this as I've looked online and only found videos of joe Louis and Ali but not the kickboxer joe lewis.

Immortal Combat

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Joe talks about it, about half way down the page.

Bruce Lee : The Divine Wind

It was in the mid seventies. There was a photo in one of the Boston newspapers the next day, I've never been able to find it since, though. I had cut it out and saved it for a few decades, but, alas, it got lost.

Latest Discussions