Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I'm teaching jkd if anyone is intrest call

Last edited by a moderator:

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There is very little information encouraging someone to reach out to you. Some basic questions that might help in the future:
1. What's your experience level?
2. Where do you live?
3. Are you doing online vs. remote?
3a. If online, why are you better than the other online options out there for jkd?
4. Are you charging/do you have set classes or is it private instruction?
4a. When are those classes?

OP
S

super saiyan 4

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
There is very little information encouraging someone to reach out to you. Some basic questions that might help in the future:
1. What's your experience level?
2. Where do you live?
3. Are you doing online vs. remote?
3a. If online, why are you better than the other online options out there for jkd?
4. Are you charging/do you have set classes or is it private instruction?
4a. When are those classes?
Almost 12 years of jkd I live in Sacramento I charge 12 dollars every 30min no set classes I just started business wide and I teach at gym and park not opening dojo until vivid get better I would not know how to do online classes since I'm low skill with computers.

OP
S

super saiyan 4

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
As much as I respect JKD, this looks like something that would be written on a bathroom stall.

And I would totally write down that number. Good JKD teachers are very hard to find.
Thx I never disscuss my skill level but I'm in Sacramento

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
You should.

My skill level is basic Jun Fan style, taught by a JKD instructor who was also a skilled Muay Thai boxer and Jiujitsu...something belt.

He taught me how to catch a fist with my hand. Bear in mind I'd already learned how to catch a fist many other ways before that, including my face.

What's your favorite JKD move? Please don't post any Bruce Lee quotes, I might hurl chunks.

angelariz

Green Belt
Reaction score
I've been teaching off and on since 93. My lineage goes from Sijo BL- Guro Inosanto- Sigung Vunak- Me
I am a full instructor under 3 organizations.

Fav. JkD move(s) Pac Dar, Lau Sing Choy or big jee- Jeet Tek

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Why not? There's no harm with being honest about your skill level. Sharing that information will get you more students unless your skill level isn't high enough to be teaching someone.

One's skill level should never be a mystery to the students or to those who may be interested in learning.

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
Almost 12 years of jkd I live in Sacramento I charge 12 dollars every 30min no set classes I just started business wide and I teach at gym and park not opening dojo until vivid get better I would not know how to do online classes since I'm low skill with computers.

There are four ways of making a decision about whether or not I will study with an instructor, the first and weakest is "Sensei Bob said Super Saiyan 4 is badass so I should study with him." The second is "SS4 studied with Grandmaster Steve and Grandmaster Steve is a badass." The third is watching SS4 in person or in video and thinking "that dude is a badass and I want to be like him." The fourth is watching your students and thinking "SS4's students are badass and I want to be like them." Your advertising so far has given out so little information than none of these four options work. Work on your advertising.

OP
S

super saiyan 4

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
You should.

My skill level is basic Jun Fan style, taught by a JKD instructor who was also a skilled Muay Thai boxer and Jiujitsu...something belt.

He taught me how to catch a fist with my hand. Bear in mind I'd already learned how to catch a fist many other ways before that, including my face.

What's your favorite JKD move? Please don't post any Bruce Lee quotes, I might hurl chunks.
Leading straight or side kick

OP
S

super saiyan 4

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Why not? There's no harm with being honest about your skill level. Sharing that information will get you more students unless your skill level isn't high enough to be teaching someone.

One's skill level should never be a mystery to the students or to those who may be interested in learning.
Well it's obvious where I am at and I like to maintain the mindset of a beginer

OP
S

super saiyan 4

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
There are four ways of making a decision about whether or not I will study with an instructor, the first and weakest is "Sensei Bob said Super Saiyan 4 is badass so I should study with him." The second is "SS4 studied with Grandmaster Steve and Grandmaster Steve is a badass." The third is watching SS4 in person or in video and thinking "that dude is a badass and I want to be like him." The fourth is watching your students and thinking "SS4's students are badass and I want to be like them." Your advertising so far has given out so little information than none of these four options work. Work on your advertising.
I will this site edits ads I can't post ads here but I am actively working on my advertising skills feel free to help me out

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
Why not? There's no harm with being honest about your skill level.
Oh yes there is. Practically all of Kung Fu cinema is all about your style getting too famous, and then wham, come the ninjas.

The best and wisest masters of style in any art, are usually obscure. Fame is a poison for the mind, and it brings a thousand enemies.

Latest Discussions