Jacob Jones 2018 Tournament Highlights

OP
CB Jones

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
My uncle signed up at a local TKD McDojo a while back. During sparring, everyone was telling him “why are you throwing punches? Punches don’t score points.” His reply was “I’m not here to score points.” This was every class, not competition specific classes.

I’m glad that same mentality isn’t everywhere in TKD.

That is the main reason they started referring to their style as Korean Karate instead of TKD. TKD moves away from what the founder had traditionally trained in.

DaveB

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
He probably needed it. Good time to lose since he has to wait almost 2.5 months before tourneys kick back up. Let him stew on it for awhile.....lol.
I'd love to see that last match. I'm very curious as to how he lost?

OP
CB Jones

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'd love to see that last match. I'm very curious as to how he lost?

Won’t happen....lol. Losses we have always learned from the loss, and moved on. Try not to dwell on the negative.

But for that tourney....Didn’t throw combos and wasnt aggressive.

Plus add in a much smaller ring than he is used to against an aggressive taller fighter.

DaveB

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Won’t happen....lol. Losses we have always learned from the loss, and moved on. Try not to dwell on the negative.

But for that tourney....Didn’t throw combos and wasnt aggressive.

Plus add in a much smaller ring than he is used to against an aggressive taller fighter.

When I saw the opponent it fell into place. Even in the matches he lost, his height and reach meant he could just lean out of the way of most attacks.

OP
CB Jones

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
When I saw the opponent it fell into place. Even in the matches he lost, his height and reach meant he could just lean out of the way of most attacks.

When Jacob is committing to his combos and using angles the size doesn’t bother him.

But for what ever reason that weekend he was stuck just throwing singles

Latest Discussions