It's that time again...

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
...and once again my son (AJ), needs your support.

Nationals are in Chicago, Illinois this year and AJ need's your help in getting there. Once there just like last year he will do all that he can to ensure that he wins, not only for himself but for you. Last year he felt he won as to not let any of his supporters down. So your support did much more than get him to nationals, your support also gave him that extra motivation to win.

So again we are asking for you to donate whatever you can to help him reach that next step of his goal, to be an Olympic Champion someday.

http://www.gofundme.com/donate2AJ

Please use the link above for more information.

We sincerely thank you.

OP
ATC

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
For the uninitiated, would you talk about how the site works?
Sure sir. It is a fundraising site that work similar to PayPal's donation button. You can then make a donation of your choice to the persons page that you clicked the donate button on.

Last year the MartialTalk family alone raised a great deal of funds to help AJ get to National and win. AJ made the Jr. Prep Team and is now listed as one of the athletes on the USA Olympic website. For AJ's Bio Click Here

Not only did MartialTalk Family members help get AJ to Nationals but they also gave him that extra motivation to win his division. It is hope that with everyone's help he can get there and win again. This time he is competing to make the newly created US. Cadet World Team. This team will then compete in the World Taekwondo Cadet Championships (yet to be determined). It is a new team that is similar to the US. Jr. World Team or the US. Sr. World Team.

Anything you would like to donate would be greatly appreciated. As you know, from being in the Taekwondo circle. Those that compete on the highest levels have to compete at many tournaments. The one that is hardest for us to compete at is Nationals as it is usually far away from home and over many days. I as his parent foot the bill for every event he attends leading up to Nationals and doing so depletes all of his funds that I have save up for him a few tournaments before Nationals.

AJ Goal is the Olympics and he is working hard to achieve that goal. Below is his most recent tournament match before US. Open (we will be driving to that this coming weekend). We hope to win US. Open again this year as well. I hope you find his skill to a level that is worthy of your donation, should you chose to do so.

AJ in RED.
[yt]xyqt50yEvAg[/yt]

Thank you

OP
ATC

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Here is a second match of AJ's just a couple of weeks ago. He hurt his foot in his first 2 matches so he used mostly back kicks to end this match.

Enjoy!

[yt]GKNXc9Uwcq8[/yt]

OP
ATC

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
AJ is fun to watch!!!!
Thanks Tal. We will be in town on Monday, Let me know if you and the family want to do dinner or something. We will pick up credentials at 3:30 or as early as we can, Then we will be free until 6:00PM.

Art

Mauthos

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Very talented. Wish you all the best and good luck to AJ (although doesn't look like he needs it)

OP
ATC

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Very talented. Wish you all the best and good luck to AJ (although doesn't look like he needs it)
What is that saying? Luck is where preparation meets opportunity. ;) Thanks.

OP
ATC

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Best of luck to all those going to Nationals this year. Hope to meet some of you that may be going. So far from this site I have met and made friends with a couple of you and hope to meet many more.

The TKD community is a small but tight one. A quick story about how TKD is a family that I like to share.

My daughter 15 years old is at this moment (6/17 - 7/1/13) in Europe on a school trip. I sent her with two prepaid Visa cards to use while she is there. Not much on each as the trip was paid for by making payments of $150/month over the last year, so she only needed money for any meal outside of what was already provided, snack, gifts and free time to maybe go to a park or something. I sent her with two cards just incase she lost on. Well the pre paid cards only work in the US and we found out the hard way, by the card being declined when she tried to purchase some water. My daughter called me of course and told me that the card was declined and I found out why after calling customer service for the card. What was I to do? Here is my 15 year old daughter stuck in London at the time, with no emergency money and yet to visit France and other countries. I almost panicked but thought who do I know in England, France, or Germany. I spoke to my Sabumnim and he said that there was a former student that was studying over in London. We Facebooked him and within minutes he replied. We told him about the situation and he asked what did we need him to do. I asked if he could meet my daughter when she was out with the school group and loan her 100 Pounds. He got the address of where my daughter would be and showed up with the 100 pounds for her. I asked for his address or info on how he wanted me to pay him back, he said he would get it to me. Well I have asked now many times for this info but he has yet to respond with the info. I really want to pay this person back but he seems to ignore that gesture. He will respond to other messages but whenever I ask for his info to repay him I get nothing back. My Sabumnim said he will not accept repayment as when he needed help it was given and that this is now his way of paying back the help that was given to him. I was also told to stop asking to repay him. I just wanted to share that as I just thought it is a cool story.

Again hope to see some of you in Chicago. Got to Meet ArchTKD last year.

Latest Discussions