It's like counting down to Christmas ...

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Twenty-five days until my kids return to school!
:boing2:
My kids return to school in 25 days.
:highfive:
Hey! Guess what? Only 25 days until school starts!

:partyon:

POST YOUR COUNTDOWN HERE!

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Twenty-five days until my kids return to school!
:boing2:
My kids return to school in 25 days.
:highfive:
Hey! Guess what? Only 25 days until school starts!

:partyon:

POST YOUR COUNTDOWN HERE!

You know I am like you in that Christmas time is almost here!!!
icon10.gif

OP
shesulsa

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Heh, we homeschool so it won't matter here!
While I see the value in that endeavor ... and considered it at one time ... I still deem you unofficially insane. I think it's a great option for people who are in the teaching profession and/or child development profession or at least have education and background in one or both of those fields. But for a lay person like me? I'd have serious doubts as to the well-roundedness of my program.

ALL HAIL SUCCESSFUL HOMESCHOOLERS!

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My wife and I both attended public schools and have no beef with them...except for the ones here in Nowhere, Indiana, where Basketball is the only required subject and reading is frowned upon by the student body. That was among our biggest fears--that they'd lose the love of reading.

Our son was homeschooled from 4th grade on and got accepted at NYU, Bard, and otehr good schools, and got full tuition scholarships at Boston U., Pittsburgh, Trinity (of Texas, where he's going), Purdue, Indiana (and one other school whose name escapes me at the moment), plus a free ride where I teach of course--and that's with absolutely no high school or college credits (just AP courses we taught him). So, we think it can be done well...but we've seen it done poorly too. We're glad we have the opportunity to do it our way.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My wife and I both attended public schools and have no beef with them...except for the ones here in Nowhere, Indiana, where Basketball is the only required subject and reading is frowned upon by the student body. That was among our biggest fears--that they'd lose the love of reading.

Our son was homeschooled from 4th grade on and got accepted at NYU, Bard, and otehr good schools, and got full tuition scholarships at Boston U., Pittsburgh, Trinity (of Texas, where he's going), Purdue, Indiana (and one other school whose name escapes me at the moment), plus a free ride where I teach of course--and that's with absolutely no high school or college credits (just AP courses we taught him). So, we think it can be done well...but we've seen it done poorly too. We're glad we have the opportunity to do it our way.

Good work. Me I am glad I decided not to home school as my kid's are both over achieving and I am sane.
icon6.gif

jkembry

Black Belt
Reaction score

Much like it is where I grew up in Kentucky....and one of the reasons I never moved back. The world is much larger than basketball and contrary to popular belief while I was growing up God is not Adolph Rupp.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well my kids are going to the Charter school me an Yolanda teach at and it started two weeks ago, so I have been on cloud nine for a while now.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My district starts on Tuesday, Aug 19; I go back to work (officially; I've been in a class most of the summer) on Friday, Aug. 15.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I homeschooled my kids for about 3 years when they were younger. Homeschooling wasn't for me, but my kids have done excellently in public school, I believe because of the early homeschooling. My son does have special needs and my both my kids are the ultimate social butterflys and thrive in public school.

I have had many friends who have homeschooled and have some of the smartest, well-rounded, socially adept kids I have seen.

It's a personal choice regarding what's right for your family. It's not for everyone, and not everyone does a good job at it, but those who do do a good job at, it and consider it the best option for their children, are often highly successful at it. We are fortunate in our area to have very good public schools, and to be honest, I am not cut out for homeschooling.

By the end of summer, as much as my kids complain about it, I believe they are secretly eager to get back.

lemon_meringue

Green Belt
Reaction score
21 days until I have to go to big scary England on my own and start university with no friends....I wish I was going back to school :(

Latest Discussions