It's just one bad thing after the next.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'm on the way home after visiting a friend and I think I have slow leak in my tire. I'll know sure enough later on this evening.

Then I go to my facebook and I see a message from my Sigung that he taught Edward Snowden Jow Ga for 10 years. I'm not a fan of Snowden so this gives me another reason to dislike him. Looks like my Sigung is going to be in another Snowden documentary. Hopefully this was my 3rd bad news since they say bad things come in threes. I'm too old for sparring, flat tire, and Snowden is a Jow Ga brother.

I need a win

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Whenever I get bad stuff like that I think about what other people are going through at this very second and realise I'm not that bad off. Your problems:

Flat tire
Can't compete
Your teacher is working with someone you don't like.

I mean if that's the worst thing that happens in your day then you're not doing as bad as others my friend. There are those people who are living on the street homeless in the freezing cold, there are people with illnesses will eventually kill them or they're going through treatment that is absolute agony, they're mourning the loss of a loved one.

That's how I do it when everything seems bad. I think about those who have it way worse

OP
JowGaWolf

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Whenever I get bad stuff like that I think about what other people are going through at this very second and realise I'm not that bad off. Your problems:

Flat tire
Can't compete
Your teacher is working with someone you don't like.

I mean if that's the worst thing that happens in your day then you're not doing as bad as others my friend. There are those people who are living on the street homeless in the freezing cold, there are people with illnesses will eventually kill them or they're going through treatment that is absolute agony, they're mourning the loss of a loved one.

That's how I do it when everything seems bad. I think about those who have it way worse
Yep I did the same thing. It didn't help, it just put things into perspective lol. I have other more severe issues going on in my life, I just don't complain about those, so these aren't the only problems I have. Just the ones I'm willing to get out in the open.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm on the way home after visiting a friend and I think I have slow leak in my tire. I'll know sure enough later on this evening.

Then I go to my facebook and I see a message from my Sigung that he taught Edward Snowden Jow Ga for 10 years. I'm not a fan of Snowden so this gives me another reason to dislike him. Looks like my Sigung is going to be in another Snowden documentary. Hopefully this was my 3rd bad news since they say bad things come in threes. I'm too old for sparring, flat tire, and Snowden is a Jow Ga brother.

I need a win
Hey, brother, just remember that none of that is a big deal. Someone like Snowden could have studied anything, you're still too young for Medicare, and at least the tire is leaking slowly.

OP
JowGaWolf

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Hey, brother, just remember that none of that is a big deal. Someone like Snowden could have studied anything, you're still too young for Medicare, and at least the tire is leaking slowly.
I'm doing better now. Less irritated. mentally now. In less than 5 minutes it'll be a new day for me so and I don't make a habit of carrying things over into the next day. Thursday will fix the 3 problems with my car. Snowden, I can't do anything about that so I just dropped that. But I can keep carrying myself in a positive light in the context of Jow Ga and let my skill sets and ability to teach as an instructor define my school. Other than that it felt good to get it off my chest and out of my system. Tomorrow is a different day so no need to carry these small problems over, some days are better than others. that's just life.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
images

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm doing better now. Less irritated. mentally now. In less than 5 minutes it'll be a new day for me so and I don't make a habit of carrying things over into the next day. Thursday will fix the 3 problems with my car. Snowden, I can't do anything about that so I just dropped that. But I can keep carrying myself in a positive light in the context of Jow Ga and let my skill sets and ability to teach as an instructor define my school. Other than that it felt good to get it off my chest and out of my system. Tomorrow is a different day so no need to carry these small problems over, some days are better than others. that's just life.
Some days, we just need to vent, buddy.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Hang in there, bro. I know you'll shake it off.

As for Snowden, I'd be proud to have him for an American Karate brother. (hey, just my opinion)

Latest Discussions