ITF Tournament

xfighter88

Blue Belt
Reaction score
So I attend an ITF school. I have attended a WTF school in the past. I perfer the rules for ITF sparring mainlly because of my build. I have stubby legs and long arms. (I pretty much look like a gorilla) The problem I am having is that I can't find an ITF tournament to go to. Everything has WTF olympic rules in the upper level sparring. I just really want to be able to punch people in the face not just the body. Anyway I was wanting to know if anyone had info on ITF tournaments in the midwest or at least point me in the right direction.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I attend an ITF school. I have attended a WTF school in the past. I perfer the rules for ITF sparring mainlly because of my build. I have stubby legs and long arms. (I pretty much look like a gorilla) The problem I am having is that I can't find an ITF tournament to go to. Everything has WTF olympic rules in the upper level sparring. I just really want to be able to punch people in the face not just the body. Anyway I was wanting to know if anyone had info on ITF tournaments in the midwest or at least point me in the right direction.

Love it! My kinda fighter, hope someone finds the comps you want.:ultracool

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score
We have some that use the ITF rukes but are not official ITF tournaments . They are near Chicago and / or Wisconsin. send me a pm and I can provide e-mailss of the hosts so you will be put on their mailing lists. Where in the "Midwest" are you?

TKDHomeSchooler

Green Belt
Reaction score

Awesome, I feel the same way. I do like to kick the occasional head of a shorter opponent, but I really prefer using my hands to my feet.

Good luck finding a tourney you can go to.

CDKJudoka

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I couldn't find anything similar, so I am starting to do Sport Jujutsu tourneys, one to allow me to use takedowns and throws and head kicks galore!!