It didn't kill me.....

CF'er

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
but it sure felt like it.
Today was my first class after 12 days in the hospital. I came home yesterday. Lucky me it was a semi-cardio class. I have a hard enough time with those on a good day let alone with such a large gap in training. I looked at my card and it was 3 weeks since my last class. We had testing and a belt ceremony in there.

This too shall pass and I will get back into shape but man.... til then.....

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Then you must be stronger!

Congratulations on making it through - remember, though, that going too far too fast will cause more problems than taking your time and building back up to it. Your instructor will understand - and if not, then that's the instructor's fault, not yours.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
First class back after being sick, being in the hospital, or taking a vacation are always the hardest. Pace yourself and know when to back off and or slow down so you do not over do it for a few days. You will get your strength and endurance back in time.
Congrats on getting back into it

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congrats on making though a first class after being sick it is all easy now for you

OP
C

CF'er

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I think getting dressed and going was the hardest part. I knew the class was gonna kill me. I'm just thankful there were "laps" involved.... or push-ups.

I did what I could and my instructor understood. I didn't do as many kicks etc as the others but I was still standing in the end. Sort of like the Leaning Tower of Piza but upright....

Hey, the 21 days did give the hamstring a chance to heal..... I guess it wasn't all bad. LOL ( I did use the time to do some stretching of the legs. I was a little productive anyway....)

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Glad you made it back to class. Like others have said, just pace yourself and you'll be back to your former form soon. I am sure your instructor will point to you as an example of "indomitable spirit."

Keep training!

Miles

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm glad you're up & about & back in class. There is no rush. Take things easy & at your own pace.

Latest Discussions