THAILAND: Muslims behead a 9-year-old boy (WARNING: Graphic Images)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
http://barenakedislam.wordpress.com...head-a-9-year-old-boy-warning-graphic-images/

More than than 4000 people from police and teachers to monks and children have been killed in the past 7 years by Muslims in southern Thailand, but hardly a word in the mainstream media. In Southern Thailand Muslim gunmen continue killing and threatening innocent citizens. The Muslim insurgents have threatened to kill 20 teachers and have distributed fliers that said, “WANTED: 20 Deaths of Buddhist teachers.” Muslim terrorists object to the education system which teaches Buddhist culture that is not acceptable in Islam. The attacks are intended to force Buddhists to leave the region because Muslims want to create an independent Muslim nation in the three southern provinces.

Video is not for the weak of stomach.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The video is real. The story is incorrect.

http://www.tannetwork.tv/tan/ViewData.aspx?DataID=1043058

Hallucinating Father Kills Two Sons Before Hanging Himself
UPDATE : 25 April 2011
In a tragic incident, a father went mad killing his two sons before hanging himself at his house in Rayong Province.

In the Pluakdaeng District of Rayong Province, 38 year old Sawai Kaewkanya, a father of two, was on his daily morning routine of rubber tapping when he went nuts, injuring his wife and killing his ten year old and three year old sons with a machete.

Sawai first went after his wife who then ran to her neighbor's house for help before he went back to attack his children and hang himself.

Police said the insane father had previously been arrested in a drug case and had a history of drug-related violence.

In any case, part of the story is true. Southern Thailand is home to a minority 10% Muslim population, there is an insurgent war in progress, and Islamic terrorists have indeed beheaded people.

It should also be noted that in the past several weeks, two Buddhists have been discovered beheaded - and one Muslim has been stabbed to death and crucified ("for being an infidel Islamist") in the area. I can post the links to the stories if you like.

In my news search, I also discovered recent news stories involving beheadings. A man in Africa, apparently an Animist, who beheaded some children to extract their 'juju' (pretty sure 'juju' is not an Islamic term). A bunch of people found beheaded in Mexico near the US border, presumably by Mexican drug smugglers. A woman in India beheaded by her boyfriend (story was posted on MT recently) in some kind of weird murder/suicide pact). And a woman who beheaded her child in Georgia. Apparently mentally disturbed, but definitely not Muslim.

But hey, let's go with "Muslims are bad," because that's what's important here. Right?

OP
Archangel M

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
If one were to do a study of world religions TODAY and see which denominations are involved in "operations" like this...organized, funded, supported groups that are a threat on a national scale...not the "lone whacko or small splinter group"..what it would show?

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
That an organized, state sponsered group of swedish grandmothers is actually more of a terrorist threat than anyone else. Obviously, with the anectdotal evidence at airports of swedish looking female senior citizens getting full screenings at security check points, the government has intelligence on this group that we do not have. One can only hope that the information on this multinational terrorist movement of seniors was not obtained by water boarding.

I sympathize with you Arch angel, thanks for the post.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
some muslims ARE bad

Yes, some are.

Some are bad in the name of their religion, and some are just bad people - their religion has nothing to do with their badness.

It is also true that some Christians, Jews, Atheists, Jains, Agnostics, and Buddhists are bad. And some of them are bad in the name of their religion and some are just bad without their religion (or lack of it) being involved.

Being fixated on news stories involving bad Muslims over any other sort indicate an unhealthy obsession, IMHO. Some call it bigotry.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If one were to do a study of world religions TODAY and see which denominations are involved in "operations" like this...organized, funded, supported groups that are a threat on a national scale...not the "lone whacko or small splinter group"..what it would show?

It would show that militant Islamic groups are far more prevalent than violent religious groups of any other type. No one denies this. Militant Islam is a serious and real problem, and it's getting worse.

And that has what to do with posting a link to a bogus news story that does not, in fact, involve Muslims beheading anyone?

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
surveys in the middle east show 35% support terrorist or agree with them.

26-1.gif

and that survey doesnt include iran, saudi arabia, iraq, afganistan which are more anti american than the ones surveyed.

but lets just say it is 1%, for the sake of argument.(we all know it is higher, but lets just say it is 1%

how many muslims in the world? 1 billion?

now do the numbers:
1,000,000,000 x 0.01=10,000,000n potential 9-11's

BTW- one lasssssssst time, i think the religion itself is bad, not the people, they were not born jihadists, but corruption from that book makes a lot of them that way.

http://pewresearch.org/pubs/26/where-terrorism-finds-support-in-the-muslim-world

now, for some contrary (or is it) information

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_terrorism

• Gallup conducted tens of thousands of hour-long, face-to-face interviews with residents of more than thirty-five predominantly Muslim countries between 2001 and 2007. It found that – contrary to the prevailing perception in the west that the actions of al-Qaida enjoy wide support in the Muslim world – more than 90% of respondents condemned the killing of non-combatants on religious and humanitarian grounds [197]
but then again:

• A 2004, a year after the War in Iraq, Pew Research survey found that suicide bombings against Americans were seen as "justifiable" by Jordanians (70%), Pakistanis (46%), and Turks (31%).At the same time, the survey found that support for the U.S.-led War on Terror had increased.[198][199]
  • A 2005 Pew Research study that involved 17,000 people in 17 countries showed support for terrorism was declining in the Muslim world along with a growing belief that Islamic extremism represents a threat to those countries.[200] A Daily Telegraph survey[201] showed that 88% of Muslims said the July 2005 bombings in the London Underground were unjustified, while 6% disagreed.
  • In Pakistan, despite the recent rise in the Taliban's influence, a poll conducted by Terror Free Tomorrow in Pakistan in January 2008 tested support for al-Qaida, the Taliban, other militant Islamist groups and Osama bin Laden himself, and found a recent drop by half. In August 2007, 33% of Pakistanis expressed support for al-Qaida; 38% supported the Taliban. By January 2008, al-Qaida's support had dropped to 18%, the Taliban's to 19%. When asked if they would vote for al-Qaida, just 1% of Pakistanis polled answered in the affirmative. The Taliban had the support of 3% of those polled [197]
  • Pew Research surveys in 2008 show that in a range of countries – Jordan, Pakistan, Indonesia, Lebanon, and Bangladesh – there have been substantial declines in the percentages saying suicide-bombings and other forms of violence against civilian targets can be justified to defend Islam against its enemies. Wide majorities say such attacks are, at most, rarely acceptable [197]
  • The shift of attitudes against terror has been especially dramatic in Jordan, where 29% of Jordanians are recorded as viewing suicide-attacks as often or sometimes justified (down from 57% in May 2005). In the largest majority-Muslim nation, Indonesia, 74% of respondents agree that terrorist attacks are "never justified" (a substantial increase from the 41% level to which support had risen in March 2004); in Pakistan, that figure is 86%; in Bangladesh, 81%; and in Iran, 80% [197]
  • A poll conducted in Osama bin Laden's home country of Saudi Arabia in December 2008 shows that his compatriots have dramatically turned against him, his organisation, Saudi volunteers in Iraq, and terrorism in general. Indeed, confidence in bin Laden has fallen in most Muslim countries in recent years [197]
  • In Iraq, people of all persuasions unanimously reject the terror tactics against Iraqi civilians of "al-Qaida in Mesopotamia". An ABC News/BBC/NHK poll revealed that all of those surveyed – Sunni and Shi'a alike – found al-Qaida attacks on Iraqi civilians "unacceptable"; 98% rejected the militants' attempts to gain control over areas in which they operated; and 97% opposed their attempts to recruit foreign fighters and bring them to Iraq [197]
so the SMALLEST estimates say "less than 10%"

so lets assume that is true, that means UP TO 9%

how many muslims in the world?

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Enough that if the paranoia was fully justified, we'd already have been decapitated and out empty heads wired for those new fangled LED lights.

2 Billion. almost 1/3 of the world population.

A lot more than there are American's.

So many, you'd run out of rope, bullets, bombs, arrows, and witty rejoinders before they unleash bloody jihad on Mayberry and turn Aunt Bee into a gooseberry pie.

If the threat was as big a deal as all the hype, lies, and outright BS make it out to be.

So, 1% of US population. 1.82M
1% of that as 'terrorists or terrorist sympathizers". 19k
We had in 10 years under 300 cases of 'Domestic Terrorism'.

Shouldn't we have had more?
Alot more?
Shouldn't we be like, having cars blowing up weekly?
Shouldn't we have had massive states of emergency?
Shouldn't we have had you know, mainstream media covering it? I mean, all these constant threats and attacks and what not, surely someone's been catching it?

Or, is it just that much overhyped paranoia?

Oh....by the way....you did catch that part where it said 25% of the new Muslims in America were you know....black?

So...should I be afraid of blacks now too?

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Nations who hate the US:
Iran
North Korea
Somalia
Syria
Libya

know what the top 2 have? Hint: The US is the ONLY nation in world history to use them on civilian populaces.

Guess which one can hit California?

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Bob,
the North Koreans cant even manage to grow enough wheat to feed thier own people, they may have nukes, but i doubt they have delivery vehicles, and they will never attack us outright, no reason to.

you seemed determined to pretend there is no muslim problem in the world, i guess just because you wish there wasnt one, but wishing dont fill up baskets, you know?

look at the big picture, look how much happens across the globe, how many crimes committed BY MUSLIMS in the NAME OF ISLAM

it is real, and it is a particuarly bad enemy cuz you cant bargin with them

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I appreciate Bill digging further into this story and find out that it had NOTHING to do with religion or Muslim or anything... just a father who went out of his mind and killed his family before killing himself.
Hallucinating Father Kills Two Sons Before Hanging Himself
That people are twisting this tragedy into something that it is not is nothing more than hate-mongering and ill used propaganda. Not too unlike how the Viet Cong showed villagers American made canned goods with pictures of the items inside, then showing a jar of Gerber baby food and letting them draw their won conclusions.

It's sickening that they would resort to this.

Will it stop?

Prolly not... at least until the unthinkable happens and we'll stand poised on the knife edge of utter destruction and (hopefully) pull back, then another shrine will be built that didn't need to be.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bob,
the North Koreans cant even manage to grow enough wheat to feed thier own people, they may have nukes, but i doubt they have delivery vehicles, and they will never attack us outright, no reason to.

you seemed determined to pretend there is no muslim problem in the world, i guess just because you wish there wasnt one, but wishing dont fill up baskets, you know?

John.... are you willfully ignorant, or outright stupid? Wait, I know you're not stupid.
I -SAID- there was a problem. Go back, reread what I said. I'll wait.
*watches some Scooby Doo....pets the cat...queues up some BS on the tele**
Ok, did you see that?

look at the big picture, look how much happens across the globe, how many crimes committed BY MUSLIMS in the NAME OF ISLAM

How many were there?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_terrorism
Opinion Surveys

• Gallup conducted tens of thousands of hour-long, face-to-face interviews with residents of more than thirty-five predominantly Muslim countries between 2001 and 2007. It found that – contrary to the prevailing perception in the west that the actions of al-Qaida enjoy wide support in the Muslim world – more than 90% of respondents condemned the killing of non-combatants on religious and humanitarian grounds [197]
  • A 2004, a year after the War in Iraq, Pew Research survey found that suicide bombings against Americans were seen as "justifiable" by Jordanians (70%), Pakistanis (46%), and Turks (31%).At the same time, the survey found that support for the U.S.-led War on Terror had increased.[198][199]
  • A 2005 Pew Research study that involved 17,000 people in 17 countries showed support for terrorism was declining in the Muslim world along with a growing belief that Islamic extremism represents a threat to those countries.[200] A Daily Telegraph survey[201] showed that 88% of Muslims said the July 2005 bombings in the London Underground were unjustified, while 6% disagreed.
  • In Pakistan, despite the recent rise in the Taliban's influence, a poll conducted by Terror Free Tomorrow in Pakistan in January 2008 tested support for al-Qaida, the Taliban, other militant Islamist groups and Osama bin Laden himself, and found a recent drop by half. In August 2007, 33% of Pakistanis expressed support for al-Qaida; 38% supported the Taliban. By January 2008, al-Qaida's support had dropped to 18%, the Taliban's to 19%. When asked if they would vote for al-Qaida, just 1% of Pakistanis polled answered in the affirmative. The Taliban had the support of 3% of those polled [197]
  • Pew Research surveys in 2008 show that in a range of countries – Jordan, Pakistan, Indonesia, Lebanon, and Bangladesh – there have been substantial declines in the percentages saying suicide-bombings and other forms of violence against civilian targets can be justified to defend Islam against its enemies. Wide majorities say such attacks are, at most, rarely acceptable [197]
  • The shift of attitudes against terror has been especially dramatic in Jordan, where 29% of Jordanians are recorded as viewing suicide-attacks as often or sometimes justified (down from 57% in May 2005). In the largest majority-Muslim nation, Indonesia, 74% of respondents agree that terrorist attacks are "never justified" (a substantial increase from the 41% level to which support had risen in March 2004); in Pakistan, that figure is 86%; in Bangladesh, 81%; and in Iran, 80% [197]
  • A poll conducted in Osama bin Laden's home country of Saudi Arabia in December 2008 shows that his compatriots have dramatically turned against him, his organisation, Saudi volunteers in Iraq, and terrorism in general. Indeed, confidence in bin Laden has fallen in most Muslim countries in recent years [197]
  • In Iraq, people of all persuasions unanimously reject the terror tactics against Iraqi civilians of "al-Qaida in Mesopotamia". An ABC News/BBC/NHK poll revealed that all of those surveyed – Sunni and Shi'a alike – found al-Qaida attacks on Iraqi civilians "unacceptable"; 98% rejected the militants' attempts to gain control over areas in which they operated; and 97% opposed their attempts to recruit foreign fighters and bring them to Iraq [197]
Hey, some of that looks familiar.

Now this, just doesn't happen.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Terrorism

The problem with American's is that they believe the Universe revolves around them, that they are the good guys, and that everyone else should be grateful they're around. You know, sometimes, we're not. Not the good guys, not welcome, and resented.
Go do a survey in North Korea, Iran, Somalia, hell Libya and Northern Mexico. Ask them if they think Americans should be shot. I bet you get a good ratio that says yes.
I wonder why.

Of course, threads like this one, where the original posts story was quickly debunked don't matter. "If that story wasnt true, it happened somewhere else anyway".

69 US cops have died so far this year.
How many of those deaths were the result of am Islamic Terrorist?

There is a threat, yes.
But I'm more likely to slip in the shower, crash my car, get struck by lightning, OR Win The Lottery, than be a victim of an Islamic Terror Attack inside the US.
If I was wandering around the US/Mexican border, I have a better chance of getting nailed by a drug gang, than a car bomb. If I was wandering around IN! Mexico, I'm still safer than some make it out to be.

Simply put, The Sky Is Not Falling!

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
There is a threat, yes.
But I'm more likely to slip in the shower, crash my car, get struck by lightning, OR Win The Lottery, than be a victim of an Islamic Terror Attack inside the US.
If I was wandering around the US/Mexican border, I have a better chance of getting nailed by a drug gang, than a car bomb. If I was wandering around IN! Mexico, I'm still safer than some make it out to be.

Simply put, The Sky Is Not Falling!

I am simply speaking up for being mindfull is all. You admit there is a problem at least

nothing wrong with being mindfull of the threats out there.

oh, and i pay attention to ALL the threats. Not just the islamic ones.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Be nice if those other ones came up once in a while.

Why, if I looked at the last months threads here, I'd get the impression that troop transports had hit the beaches, and a clone army let by Obama himself was half way to Phili already, as nuns were being decapitated in the streets of DC.

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
i will try to get the mexican cartels to murder a few more tourists.....

not my fault that the islamics keep pulling this ****

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
List of notables who died so far this month.

Funny....I didn't realize there were so many ways those evil muslims could get you.
The SOBs invented CANCER!!!!!!!!!

May 2011

* Aaron Douglas, 21, American college football player (University of Alabama). [1]
* Daryl Hawks, 38, American sportscaster (NBC 5). [2] (body found on this date)

* Leo Kahn, 94, American entrepreneur, co-founder of Staples, complications from a series of strokes. [3]
* Albert Kanene Obiefuna, 81, Nigerian Roman Catholic prelate, Archbishop of Onitsha (1995–2003). [4]
* Reach Sambath, 47, Cambodian journalist, stroke. [5]
* Robert Traylor, 34, American basketball player (Bucks, Cavaliers, Hornets), suspected heart attack. [6] (body found on this date)

Zim Ngqawana, South African jazz saxophonist

* Michael Baze, 24, American jockey. [7]
* Bill Bergesch, 89, American baseball executive (New York Yankees, Cincinnati Reds). [8]
* Vasilis Bozikis, 67, Greek photojournalist, cancer. [9] (Greek)
* Mia Amber Davis, 36, American plus-size model and actress (Road Trip), postoperative complications. [10]
* Bill Gallo, 88, American cartoonist and newspaper columnist, complications from pneumonia. [11]
* M. S. Gurupadaswamy, 89, Indian politician and minister, heart attack. [12]
* Héctor Medina, 35, Honduran journalist, shot. [13]
* Zim Ngqawana, 51, South African jazz saxophonist, stroke. [14]
* Burt Reinhardt, 91, American broadcast journalist and executive (CNN), complications from strokes. [15]
* Stanley Wright, 62, American jazz musician. [16]
* Norma Zimmer, 87, American entertainer (The Lawrence Welk Show). [17]

Lidia Gueiler Tejada, Bolivian politician

* Gerald Bordman, 79, American playwright (American Musical Theatre) and author, cancer. [18]
* David Cairns, 44, British politician, MP for Greenock and Inverclyde (2001–2005) and Inverclyde (since 2005), acute pancreatitis. [19]
* Robert Ellsworth, 84, American politician and diplomat, U.S. Representative from Kansas (1961–1967), Ambassador to NATO (1969–1971), complications from pneumonia. [20]
* Henry Feffer, 93, American professor and spine surgeon, treated Saddam Hussein, heart failure. [21]
* Dolores Fuller, 88, American actress (Glen or Glenda), and songwriter ("Rock-A-Hula Baby"). [22]
* Jeff Gralnick, 72, American television news producer. [23]
* Lidia Gueiler Tejada, 89, Bolivian politician, acting President (1979–1980), after a long illness. [24]
* Manos Loukakis, 60, Greek poet and literary critic, cancer. [25] (Greek)
* Ivo Pešák, 66, Czech singer, dancer and comic performer. [26] (Polish)
* Shailendra Kumar Upadhyaya, 82, Nepali politician, Foreign Minister (1986–1990). [27]
* Wouter Weylandt, 26, Belgian road bicycle racer, race crash. [28]

Li Desheng, Chinese general

* Huthaifa al-Batawi, Iraqi al-Qaeda leader, shot. [29]
* Moayed al-Saleh, Iraqi brigadier general, head of counter-terrorism in Baghdad, shot. [30]
* Cornell Dupree, 68, American jazz and R&B guitarist, complications from emphysema. [31]
* Gheorghe Guţiu, 87, Romanian Catholic hierarch, Archbishop of Cluj-Gherla (1994–2002). [32]
* Li Desheng, 95, Chinese People's Liberation Army general. [33] (Chinese)
* Greg Percival, 86, Australian politician, member of the New South Wales Legislative Council (1977–1978; 1986–1988). [34]
* Soňa Pertlová, 23, Czech chessplayer, cancer. [35]
* Lionel Rose, 62, Australian world champion boxer. [36]
* Carlos Trillo, 68, Argentine comic book writer (Cybersix). [37] (Spanish)
* Galina Urbanovich, 93, Russian Olympic gold and silver medal-winning (1952) gymnast. [38]
* Arkady Vaksberg, 83, Russian journalist, critic and biographer. [39] (Russian)

Willard Boyle, Canadian physicist and Nobel laureate

* Johnny Albino, 93, Puerto Rican bolero singer, heart attack. [40] (Spanish)
* Seve Ballesteros, 54, Spanish golfer, brain cancer. [41]
* Nikos Boutachidis, 56, Greek football club secretary, heart failure. [42] (Greek)
* Willard Boyle, 86, Canadian physicist, Nobel laureate (2009). [43]
* Jack Gordon, 66, American politician, member of the Mississippi House of Representatives (1972–1980), State Senator (1980–1992; 1996–2011), brain cancer. [44]
* Allyson Hennessy, 63, Trinidadian broadcaster. [45]
* Eilert Määttä, 75, Swedish ice hockey player and coach. [46] (Swedish)
* Gunter Sachs, 78, German photographer, author and multi-millionaire industrialist, suicide by gunshot. [47]
* Ella Schuler, 113, American supercentenarian. [48]
* Robert Stempel, 77, American automobile executive, Chairman and CEO of General Motors (1990–1992). [49]
* Kate Swift, 87, American writer, stomach cancer. [50]
* John Walker, 67, American musician (The Walker Brothers), liver cancer. [51]
* George Webley, 53, British broadcaster and music arranger. [52]
* Doric Wilson, 72, American playwright and gay activist. [53]

* Barry Connolly, 72, Australian football player. [54]
* Horace Freeland Judson, 80, American science historian (The Great Betrayal: Fraud In Science), complications of a stroke. [55]
* Quazi Nuruzzaman, 86, Bangladeshi veteran of the Liberation War, natural causes. [56]
* Duane Pillette, 88, American baseball player (Yankees, Browns, Orioles, Phillies). [57]
* Mike Spoerndle, 59, American music club founder (Toad's Place). [58] (body discovered on this date)
* Dick Walsh, 85, American baseball (Los Angeles Dodgers) and soccer executive. [59]
* Yoon Ki-Won, 24, South Korean football player, suicide by inhaling toxic fumes. [60]

Claude Choules, last combat veteran of World War I

* Alice Bridges, 94, American Olympic bronze medal-winning (1936) swimmer. [61]
* Halit Çelenk, 89, Turkish lawyer and socialist activist, cancer and asthma. [62]
* Claude Choules, 110, British-born Australian veteran, last combat veteran of World War I. [63]
* Thomas Compaoré, 23, Burkinabé basketball player, heart attack. [64] (German)
* Elvis Gordon, 52, British Olympic judoka, pancreatic cancer. [65]
* Salomón Hakim, 91, Colombian neurosurgeon, researcher and inventor. [66]
* Arthur Laurents, 93, American playwright, librettist, stage director, and screenwriter (Anastasia, Rope, West Side Story). [67]
* Dougie McCracken, 46, Scottish football player (Ayr United), suspected suicide. [68]
* Yosale Merimovich, 86, Israeli football player and manager. [69] (Hebrew).
* Nigel Pickering, 81, American guitarist (Spanky and Our Gang), liver cancer. [70]
* Rolo Puente, 71, Argentine actor, pulmonary emphysema. [71]
* Dana Wynter, 79, German-born British actress (Invasion of the Body Snatchers), heart failure. [72]
* Snooky Young, 92, American jazz trumpeter, saxophonist and singer. [73]

Thomas G. Nelson, American federal judge

* Lázaro Blanco, 73, Mexican photographer, cancer. [74] (Spanish)
* Velzoe Brown, 101, American jazz pianist. [75]
* Frans de Kok, 87, Dutch conductor. [76] (Dutch)
* Néstor Groppa, Argentine poet. [77] (Spanish)
* Jacques Georges Habib Hafouri, 94, Syrian Catholic hierarch, Archbishop of Hassaké-Nisibi (1982–1996). [78]
* Jagdish Khebudkar, 77, Indian writer, renal failure. [79]
* Sammy McCrory, 86, Northern Irish footballer. [80]
* Thomas G. Nelson, 74, American federal judge, complications from declining health. [81]
* Françoise Olivier-Coupeau, 51, French politician, cancer. [82] (French)
* Frans Sammut, 66, Maltese writer, natural causes. [83]
* Bernard Stasi, 80, French politician, Minister for Overseas Departments and Territories (1973–1974), Alzheimer's disease. [84] (French)
* Louis Stumberg, 87, American businessman, introduced Tex Mex TV dinners, after long illness. [85]
* Sada Thompson, 83, American actress (Family), lung disease. [86]

Jackie Cooper, American actor

* Paul Ackerley, 61, New Zealand hockey player and coach, skin cancer. [87]
* Jackie Cooper, 88, American actor (Skippy, Our Gang, Superman) and director (M*A*S*H). [88]
* Sergo Kotrikadze, 74, Georgian football player and coach, heart attack. [89] (Russian)
* Mildred Robbins Leet, 88, American philanthropist, co-founder of Trickle Up, complications of a fall. [90]
* Patrick Roy, 53, French politician, pancreatic cancer. [91] (French)
* Thanasis Veggos, 83, Greek actor, stroke. [92]
* Des Williams, 83, South African Olympic boxer. [93]

Alexander Lazarev, Russian actor

* Leonid Abalkin, 80, Russian economist. [94]
* Abu Ahmed al-Kuwaiti, 46, Kuwaiti Al-Qaeda computer expert, shot. [95]
* Danny Kassap, 28, Congolese-born Canadian long-distance runner. [96]
* Osama bin Laden, 54, Saudi founder of Al-Qaeda, planned September 11 attacks, shot. [97]
* Alexander Lazarev, 73, Russian actor. [98] (Russian)
* Eddie Lewis, 76, English footballer (Manchester United, West Ham United), cancer. [99] (death announced on this date)
* Ernest Mothle, 69, South African jazz musician. [100]
* René Emilio Ponce, 64, Salvadoran general and defence minister, army chief of staff during the Civil War. [101]
* David Sencer, 86, American public health official, director of Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (1966–1977), heart disease. [102]
* Shigeo Yaegashi, 78, Japanese footballer. [103] (Japanese)

J. Ernest Wilkins, Jr., American mathematician and nuclear scientist

* Alex, 52, Indian actor and magician, after short illness. [104]
* Spyrydon Babskyi, 52, Ukrainian Orthodox hierarch, Archbishop of Vinnytsya in UOC-KP (1992–1993). [105] (Russian)
* Sir Henry Cooper, 76, British Olympic heavyweight boxer. [106]
* Agustín García-Gasco Vicente, 80, Spanish Roman Catholic cardinal, Archbishop of Valencia (1992–2009), cardiac arrest. [107]
* Moshe Landau, 99, Israeli jurist, Chief Justice (1980–1982), presided over Adolf Eichmann's trial (1961). [108]
* Ted Lowe, 90, British snooker commentator. [109]
* Steven Orszag, 68, American mathematician, chronic lymphomic leukemia. [110]
* Ivan Slavkov, 70, Bulgarian sports official. [111]
* William O. Taylor II, 78, American journalist and publisher (The Boston Globe), brain tumor. [112]
* Reynaldo Uy, 59, Filipino politician, Mayor of Calbayog, shot. [113]
* J. Ernest Wilkins, Jr., 87, American mathematician and nuclear scientist. [114]

fangjian

Black Belt
Reaction score
The video is real. The story is incorrect.

http://www.tannetwork.tv/tan/ViewData.aspx?DataID=1043058

In any case, part of the story is true. Southern Thailand is home to a minority 10% Muslim population, there is an insurgent war in progress, and Islamic terrorists have indeed beheaded people.

It should also be noted that in the past several weeks, two Buddhists have been discovered beheaded - and one Muslim has been stabbed to death and crucified ("for being an infidel Islamist") in the area. I can post the links to the stories if you like.

In my news search, I also discovered recent news stories involving beheadings. A man in Africa, apparently an Animist, who beheaded some children to extract their 'juju' (pretty sure 'juju' is not an Islamic term). A bunch of people found beheaded in Mexico near the US border, presumably by Mexican drug smugglers. A woman in India beheaded by her boyfriend (story was posted on MT recently) in some kind of weird murder/suicide pact). And a woman who beheaded her child in Georgia. Apparently mentally disturbed, but definitely not Muslim.

But hey, let's go with "Muslims are bad," because that's what's important here. Right?

Ok. So this is what I got. Drugs are bad. Middle Eastern Mythology is bad. Mental Illness is bad.

Now what is part of the remedy for all 3?

-Science Education

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions