Intro 2015: The Paleo (Paleolithic) Diet!

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agenda? No, I just believe that food should be enjoyed, it shouldn't become an 'issue', good unadulterated food and drink in moderation along with reasonable exercise makes for happy people. A tasty meal with friends and loved ones will do more for your than any 'detox' or 'magic shake'. Slow food, not fast food. No diets that make you dread eating, no weird concoctions that some company thinks it will make money from, no faddy made up diets that sell thousands of books, just honest clean food enjoyed.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Agenda? No, I just believe that food should be enjoyed, it shouldn't become an 'issue', good unadulterated food and drink in moderation along with reasonable exercise makes for happy people. A tasty meal with friends and loved ones will do more for your than any 'detox' or 'magic shake'. Slow food, not fast food. No diets that make you dread eating, no weird concoctions that some company thinks it will make money from, no faddy made up diets that sell thousands of books, just honest clean food enjoyed.
I didn't have to buy a book to cut down on the pastries, but as we grow older the joints just ooze those grains out in the form of heat. LOL

OP
Shai Hulud

Shai Hulud

Purple Belt
Reaction score
A lot of scientific people believe it isn't that healthy for you though. Nutritionists warn of dangers in Paleo dieting
True. It's not for everybody. Criticisms of the Paleo Diet cite the possibility of wide, gaping holes being left in your nutrient intake.

That being said Tez I've decided to give myselfa 30 day trial period for the diet first instead of implementing it indefinitely. I'll see how it goes. I'm not taking any supplements though. :)

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
True. It's not for everybody. Criticisms of the Paleo Diet cite the possibility of wide, gaping holes being left in your nutrient intake.

That being said Tez I've decided to give myselfa 30 day trial period for the diet first instead of implementing it indefinitely. I'll see how it goes. I'm not taking any supplements though. :)

Well good luck. Advice though I think you should listen to :)

njc

White Belt
Reaction score
I am heading down the paleo path with slowly cutting out refined sugars, gluten and eventually dairy. A really good book to read on this subject is primal body, primal mind. So far just from reducing gluten and cutting out refined sugars ive lost 8kg and feel much better

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Tez, I'm starting to get the feeling you don't care for this paleo thing. :)

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tez, I'm starting to get the feeling you don't care for this paleo thing. :)

Perhaps, lol. The whole diet industry worries me, I am a Girl Guide leader, we have girls and young women from age 5 to age 26 who are all very aware of body shape, how they look and of course the 'celebrity' culture. We want them to be happy with their bodies to be able to have self confidence and not to be bombarded by 'you must be thin', and 'you must diet'. We have various indicatives going about healthy eating, being active, self confidence and self esteem as well as the ones produced by the Worldwide organisation of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts but it's hard when it's pushed so much that one must diet because you aren't good enough as you are.

The women behind the Paleo diet isn't an expert on Palaeontology, she isn't even an archaeologist, she's surmising from poor data what she thinks people in the Paleo time ate, and countless experts have proved her wrong. She is purely out to make money, just like all the other diet 'founders'. There has been no long term research on this diet of hers, while cutting out processed food etc can only be good the rest of her diet is a nonsense based on what she thinks will sell. It does annoy me, it makes me sad when a seven year old comes up to you and asks if you think they are fat when they are clearly not because they've heard there's a diet they can go on to make them 'right'.
Ditch diets, just eat cleanly.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am heading down the paleo path with slowly cutting out refined sugars, gluten and eventually dairy. A really good book to read on this subject is primal body, primal mind. So far just from reducing gluten and cutting out refined sugars ive lost 8kg and feel much better

Less gluten is something I have thinking after the Father recovered from the dreaded c word. He has to have a gluten free diet now.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One thing to bear in mind is that American food differs from ours, different recipes, different treatment of foodstuffs. Look up for example how American hens eggs are treated compared to ours. Bread is also something that is made differently. If you take on a diet an American based diet it will be different for us and vice versa. One is not better than the other just different ways of preparing food.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One thing to bear in mind is that American food differs from ours, different recipes, different treatment of foodstuffs. Look up for example how American hens eggs are treated compared to ours. Bread is also something that is made differently. If you take on a diet an American based diet it will be different for us and vice versa. One is not better than the other just different ways of preparing food.

Ah, so it is an American fad then.