Intro 2015: The Paleo (Paleolithic) Diet!

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah, so it is an American fad then.

I wouldn't describe it as such though, there's plenty of faddy diets coming from all over. The science behind this one is faulty though.
How to Really Eat Like a Hunter-Gatherer Why the Paleo Diet Is Half-Baked Interactive Infographic - Scientific American

It sounds a great idea but when you actually start researching it's nonsense. Cutting out processed food is good but what are you replacing it with? The meat may be organic and grass fed but it's from domesticated animals not wild animals which are now extinct. The honey you are 'allowed' eat, isn't from wild bees, they are domesticated etc etc. It really can't happen, we have evolved and the food we eat whether animal or vegetable has evolved too.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't fancy weeks old eggs! Mine are from the farm shop up the road and are days old only.

I prefer hours only. Like I used to get on the old farm, or from a local Essex farm, that used to be just down the road :)

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I prefer hours only. Like I used to get on the old farm, or from a local Essex farm, that used to be just down the road :)

Yep that too but I can only get up to the farm shop irregularly, sometimes not at all in winter lol, it's up the A66, a wicked road in winter.

njc

White Belt
Reaction score
Its more about the principle of the way of eating. Using good quality protiens, fats and vegetables. I am chef and a self confessed nerd. This way of eating and the effect of what we eat has on our bodies make sense to me, i have done a fair amount research and its made me feel alot better. The only part i will miss when i go full is the dairy (working as a chef makes it very hard).