internal contraction

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score
hi guys in the school i come from we were taught to slightly contract the anal sphincter. this had the effect of locking the upper body and lower body as a unit, increasing overall power, relaxing the thighs and enableing fast kicks and fast footwork. do you guys in other schools do this. if so does anybody no any other benefits of doing this.

graychuan

Blue Belt
Reaction score
We do reverse breathing Qi Gong with our Iron Palm hand conditioning which I have just started.We breath in through the nose and raise(contract) the perineum then exhale and relax(drop) the perineum. We time the striking with the drop so that the breathing has a natural rhythm that flows along with striking.
We do Iron Palm in the Woo system at the end of SLT level to get that heavy hand for he short distances of the WC strikes.

brocklee

Purple Belt
Reaction score
lol thats funny. I clinch sphinkter muscle to stop me from crapping my pants in scarry situations ;) lol I guess you can call it the bottom of your center hahaha

DungHo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
this is the secret to internal power development and qi gong. Alot of master would keep this a secret. good for those whose really belief and practice it.

JustAVisitor

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I was taught to slightly contract the sphincter from day one. It was one of the numerous things to do in order to practice a new (then...) way to breath.
One day, a different instructor told the class that if we would not contract the sphincter, especially during the horse stand, we would get hemoroids... Perplexed, i decided to loose thing up just to see what would happen... the next day... my butt was itchy... and the day after i had a bleeding cauliflower garden down there...

graychuan

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I was taught to slightly contract the sphincter from day one. It was one of the numerous things to do in order to practice a new (then...) way to breath.
One day, a different instructor told the class that if we would not contract the sphincter, especially during the horse stand, we would get hemoroids... Perplexed, i decided to loose thing up just to see what would happen... the next day... my butt was itchy... and the day after i had a bleeding cauliflower garden down there...

:eye-popping::eye-popping::confused: WTF :confused::uhohh::uhohh:

naneek

Green Belt
Reaction score
lol i never heard of somthing like that before, how did u remedy the "cauliflower garden" , i bet u stay clenched tight now!!

Latest Discussions