Instructor's work-outs?

Robbo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Does anyone get to see their instructor in a full fledged workout. It seems that because of the pressures and time constraints of teaching the instructor only gets to play here and there in class (which is their job during that time).

My question is has anybody seen their instrutor working to their limit full out and how inspiring was it......or not.

Thanks,
Rob

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Since I've got two FMA instructors, I get to see them workout together every now and then. Pretty inspiring. Makes me wonder if I'll ever develop flow and sensitivity like they have.

One of the reasons Bruce Lee stepped away from his schools was that he felt he was robbing his body by not being able to devote enough time for his own personal training.

Cthulhu

R

Rob_Broad

I have been privy to some instructor only work outs and it can be inspiring and demoralizing at the same time. it is inspiring to be there in the room with that much determined energy, It is demoralizing because you know you don't get to do it often enough.

W

WilliamTLear

The instructors at Bryan Hawkins' Kenpo Karate in West Los Angeles are always working out. They have an 1 1/2 hour class that they participate in on Thursday nights. They also participate in the other adult classes through out the week.

The structure that I've observed in this studio is unique compared to the many other studios that I've observed. It is unique because there is one instructor that coducts class, while the rest work as satellite instructors within the class. To me this system offers the student the best of both worlds... the intensity of a group class with the individual attention of a private lesson.

Billy Lear

K

Kirk

To me this system offers the student the best of both worlds

I totally agree! We're not lucky enough to have it in my class
on a regular basis, but when we do, it's great!

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
When I run group classed I have everyone in class except for the main Instructor....... everyone can warm up and exercise together. It is a great way to continually ingrain the material and keep you in shape..... the first part (30-45 minutes of group class is basics and exercises) then we break out and the junior instructors can teach various belt levels.

It builds great comradiery and gives examples for the lower belts as well as keep the upper ranks on their toes.

:asian:

T

TIGER DRAGON FIGHT

i'm an instructor and we have 3 workouts a week with one regional workout a month with the professor. each of the workouts work on teaching ethics and techniques as well as questions on material. they all embody alot of fighting. we never finish a workout without atleast a good half hour to 20mins of straight kumite whether its ground fighting or standup it always feels good at the end. in matrix 2 the oracles guardian made a profound statment when he said " you don't know sombody truly until you have fought them." cool stuff

Latest Discussions