Instructor learns why I don't blast him in the face.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
The other instructor learned the hard way the reason why I never hit him full force during sparring. He decided that it would be a good idea to spar full force with a student who Sifu named the Hindu Hammer (most recently we just call him The Hammer). When it comes to nick names things like, Concrete Man, Arms of Steel would be accurate as well.

Long story short.. The Hammer punched the Instructor in the chest. Now guess who has chest problems now. I had to grin and simply said, "that's why I don't hit him with power when I see that his face is wide open." For months (almost a year) I've been warning him that we are stronger than we think and that we have to be careful when we spar not to "get crazy" and forget this. We don't punch heavy bags these days, simply because we don't have anywhere to put it, but we do a lot of exercises that build punching power.

The instructor is lucky that the punch didn't land on his face as a punch can easily break facial bone. How hard was the hit? If I understood correctly, He got hit in the chest last Thursday (7 days ago), and today he told me that he may only be able to assist in the sparring class (coaching from the side) this Thursday because of his injury.

I wonder how long it will take the injury to heal lol.

I like to think of myself as a tough person but that doesn't mean I want someone firing "lethal" strikes at me lol.

Latest Discussions