In My Little Town

RandomPhantom700

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Well, at least the bastards turned themselves in. I found the whole "holding her hand and shushing her" thing kind of strange. Didn't know rapists offered comfort?

Adept

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Let's wait for the trial and hear the full story. You never know.

Indeed. I've seen video footage of 'rape victims' beating themselves into a bloody mess to provide bruises and scrapes to substantiate their claim, and we've all heard the stories of women crying rape to avoid blame for their indiscretions.

Jumping to an early conclusion doesn't do anyone any good.

RandomPhantom700

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Indeed. I've seen video footage of 'rape victims' beating themselves into a bloody mess to provide bruises and scrapes to substantiate their claim, and we've all heard the stories of women crying rape to avoid blame for their indiscretions.

Jumping to an early conclusion doesn't do anyone any good.

I'm inclined to think that the officers turning themselves in pretty much eliminates a false claim as an explanation.

Ahriman

Green Belt
Reaction score
We had something like that. 4 on patrol allegedly raped a girl. The trial's result: they're innocent - interesting thing is that some experts participating in the investigation resigned saying that they won't serve this parody of justice any more. We had a comic strip depicting as a guy hears cries for help from a bush, calls the police to send someone to stop an ongoing rape, and - the rapist stands up and answers the call.
There are... hmm... interesting people out there. (a bold interesting in my dictionary means that I'm curious how long can they endure vivisection with a blunt scalpel) Turning themselves in doesn't change the bottom line (it only makes clear that they did what they did) - these officers abused the trust placed in them (and not only them - can you imagine how many people won't ever again trust in police officers in general?) greatly and in one of the most disgusting ways. I don't know your laws considering these matters but I hope they will be sentenced to death.

edited to add: I skipped the "25 years" part of the original article, so I change my last sentence - I hope they get mass-raped in prison by AIDS-infected guys.

Ahriman

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hm, even more interesting. I got anonymous neg. rep. for my post which condemned rapists (neither possible nor alleged rapists in the literal-instead-of-legal sense - hey, they turned themselves in...) in a rather... harsh tone. Now I might be as stupid as I am, but condemning a post condemning rape doesn't really come through as nice, especially when the rep. giver doesn't supply his/her name.
Sorry for the off, if the rep giver would've supplied his/her name then I could have asked him/her about his/her problems in private, as it's possible that he/she simply didn't really like my harsh&dark views.
Or am I really the stupid one here? Police officers raping women are good and worthy? :idunno:

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
My little town is a small, quiet town...except for the cops who are doing their part for crime statistics.

http://www.kwwl.com/Global/story.asp?S=8443753

Why is it that all the cops get tarred with the same brush when a few of them do wrong?

I believe that if you compare the total number of LEO's to criminal LEO's with any other profession or class that you will find that they are amongst the most law abiding and honorable. Name me one profession or group of humans where there is 100% purity.

Ahriman

Green Belt
Reaction score
Because they are there to enforce the laws and to protect the public safety. Most people can't understand that only those few officers broke the law and interpret these crimes as betrayal of their trust by the police.
It is truly a betrayal, but the traitors are only those who committed the crime. Given that they are part of a group that should enforce laws instead of breaking them, I can't really understand why should they live. If there's a reason, tell me, as I honestly don't get it.

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
If these guys are guilty they belong in prison, no doubt about it. Any normal cop would be glad to send them there too.

OP
Ray

Ray

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Why is it that all the cops get tarred with the same brush when a few of them do wrong?

I believe that if you compare the total number of LEO's to criminal LEO's with any other profession or class that you will find that they are amongst the most law abiding and honorable. Name me one profession or group of humans where there is 100% purity.
We have a police force of 9. 2 of 9 is 22% (3 of 9 on the other hand is either a bar-code symbology or a borg chick). I don't know if they're guilty and will hold my tongue re: their guilt or innocence. The people that I know have all come to a conclusion...it's a town of about 8,000 people. They'll probably have to do a change of venue.

Mr G

Orange Belt
Reaction score

this make news when people are shocked by behavior that is the opposite of what they expect...
Look at how priests are treated. They are ALL pedophiles, right?
Look at volunteer firefighters. They are ALL drunks with bad attitudes, right?
Martial artists?

It is even harder in small towns. I cringe when my coworkers mention they saw my home town on the TV.

Latest Discussions