In Guam You Have To Register Yourself As A Deadly Weapon

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
completed at least one level of training therein and shall have been issued a belt or other symbol showing proficiency in such art
There aren't belts in my system. It seems it only applies to karate and Judo. They must have some really Bad-A Karate and Judo students there.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is silly but its true, in Guam you have to register yourself as a deadly weapon if you're an expert in the martial arts. What they define as an expert is anybody who has "completed at least one level of training therein and shall have been issued a belt or other symbol showing proficiency in such art."

‘These hands and feet are registered as deadly weapons … in Guam!’
So they decided a fresh orange or yellow belt (depending upon the ranking order) is “dangerous”?

isshinryuronin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
So they decided a fresh orange or yellow belt (depending upon the ranking order) is “dangerous”?

Great for marketing - "I can turn you into a dangerous weapon in 3 months for only $299."

Also makes for a great pick-up line in a bar - She: "So, tell me about yourself." He: "I'm legally considered a dangerous weapon." She: "Oooo."

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
Apparently so, I don't know how they would view somebody who trains in an art that doesn't have belts or ranking systems.

Taipan

Orange Belt
Reaction score

Or even a black belt in Aikido or Thai Chi?

Belts and styles mean nothing. It is the individual and their skill level that matter.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Guam has bigger problems...like making sure it doesn't capsize.

Lol....that video always cracks me up.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score

I had forgotten all about that.

Georgia....most frightening, racist place I've ever been. Been there a dozen times, never without incident, always minding my own business. Finally decided that it was way too dangerous a place for me.

I hope it capsizes like Guam. :)

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Georgia....most frightening, racist place I've ever been. Been there a dozen times, never without incident, always minding my own business. Finally decided that it was way too dangerous a place for me.

I hope it capsizes like Guam.
Georgia - what parts of georgia were you visiting? lol You gotta mark off all the no go zones. lol it'll save you some headaches.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Georgia - what parts of georgia were you visiting? lol You gotta mark off all the no go zones. lol it'll save you some headaches.

This was just driving through on I-95. Threatened by locals, threatened by the police, threatened by State Police, bottles broken against our windshield, I could go on and on.

We were the wrong color, from the wrong part of the country, with the wrong license plates.

The least serious of the incidents was stopping for gas. I went into the little store attached to the gas station.
Two twenty something year olds behind the counter with a big confederate flag behind them.

I'll never forget his words..."You want anything else, you long haired, faggot, Yankee Mother rucker?"

I replied "No thanks."

At that was the least uncomfortable incident me and mine encountered.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
This was just driving through on I-95. Threatened by locals, threatened by the police, threatened by State Police, bottles broken against our windshield, I could go on and on.

We were the wrong color, from the wrong part of the country, with the wrong license plates.

The least serious of the incidents was stopping for gas. I went into the little store attached to the gas station.
Two twenty something year olds behind the counter with a big confederate flag behind them.

I'll never forget his words..."You want anything else, you long haired, faggot, Yankee Mother rucker?"

I replied "No thanks."

At that was the least uncomfortable incident me and mine encountered.
Wow... That's horrible even for Georgia. We have our pockets of hell here and it's been a while since I've heard something that bad along I-95. Normally you would have to get off the main roads to for stuff like that to find you. State Police from here to South Carolina are things to watch for. Growing up and traveling with my parents it was State Troopers and the Bible belt that was a warning zone. Not so bad when you get to the Atlanta area but anything North of that was literally travel with caution. I understand what the Bible Belt is in terms of location but not in terms of what lurks in it. I never stopped in those areas for gas or food. I always made sure I had enough food and gas to make it to the next "safe zone" lol. Sorry you had to experience that stuff. I'm not apologizing for Georgia. I'm just honestly sorry you had to experience that type of hate. It's the worst kind. It's not hate because someone is mad at you. It's literal pure and unfiltered hate just for the sake of hate.

The Asian American community in the U.S. is getting tons of it lately, more than usual. Regardless of skin color that pure hate sucks.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I hope it capsizes like Guam.
Georgia just needs some incredibly large sink holes to appear in specific areas lol. I can't vote for capsize option until I'm out of here lol.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Not only a complete lack of understanding of islands, but it took him SOOOOO long to get that out. Painful to even get through.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, put Smyrna on that list. I have relatives there, so I know what kind of rednecks they have.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Man, put Smyrna on that list. I have relatives there, so I know what kind of rednecks they have.
Smyrna, TN? There is a ton of automotive industry there with the original Saturn/GM plant there. I am conditioned to it suppose but we do not have very much black/white issue in middle TN.
Honestly, a northerner may get a little friendly ribbing quicker but nothing hateful.
I get it incessantly when I go north so it is all good. All in fun.
As far as GA goes I feel south/southeast of the ATL is much worse than between ATL and Chattanooga.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I should publish a fun map of "No Go Zones" It wouldn't be mean spirited or anything, just an inside joke for everyone who had an experience from those areas. Instead of stars to rank the areas. I would use aspirins and sneakers (for you may have to run). I avoid all of the sneaker rated areas, and I'll tolerate a 2 or 3 aspirin rated area. After 3 aspirins, it's just not worth the headache.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Not only a complete lack of understanding of islands, but it took him SOOOOO long to get that out. Painful to even get through.
you mean an Island can't capsize if too many people are on it? I guess that makes sense, The islands never capsized back then
giphy.gif

Still trying to figure this one out.
giphy.gif

Latest Discussions