Where in Poland can you learn these skills/knowledge?

GreenieMeanie

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I've had the opportunity to learn from Ed Calderon, and I want to learn more from people like him. Where can I learn the following?:

Improvised weaponology, counter-custody, counter-interrogation, concealment of devices such as SAD tools, improvisational trauma care, use of deauthers, Pwnagotchi, and other tradecraft

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I've had the opportunity to learn from Ed Calderon, and I want to learn more from people like him. Where can I learn the following?:

Improvised weaponology, counter-custody, counter-interrogation, concealment of devices such as SAD tools, improvisational trauma care, use of deauthers, Pwnagotchi, and other tradecraft
I think you may need to join the Polish special forces

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Is that sarcasm?
up to you, i thought it a good way of getting the training you desire and getting paid for it, i mean lets face it anti interrogation techniques don't come in handy very often unless your capture behind enemy lines

OP
G

GreenieMeanie

Brown Belt
Reaction score
up to you, i thought it a good way of getting the training you desire and getting paid for it, i mean lets face it anti interrogation techniques don't come in handy very often unless your capture behind enemy lines

Oh no, I don't think I'll ever use it, unless maybe I decide to join in a specialized capacity. It's just the power of knowledge, control over your environment.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Oh no, I don't think I'll ever use it, unless maybe I decide to join in a specialized capacity. It's just the power of knowledge, control over your environment.
to be fair i attended an anti integration course some years ago and it came in very handy when the police were interrogating me, how ever they weren't ripping finger nails out with plyers, I'm not sure how you train that, perhaps that's where you need the improvised weapon skills so you can over power your captor with a paper cup and escape with most of your finger nails

OP
G

GreenieMeanie

Brown Belt
Reaction score
to be fair i attended an anti integration course some years ago and it came in very handy when the police were interrogating me, how ever they weren't ripping finger nails out with plyers, I'm not sure how you train that, perhaps that's where you need the improvised weapon skills so you can over power your captor with a paper cup and escape with most of your finger nails

Oh, he just teaches how to handle the stress of being detained in shitty conditions, how to avoid aggravating them, how to avoid divulging info that can be used against you or set them off, opportunities to escape if you think you're gonna die. He does show agency/mil types how criminal organizations and foreign security services use torture, not to civilians.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that for what you want, you've either got to go join the special forces/an intelligence government agency in Poland, or meet someone who's done that and convince him to train you directly. Which is not always an easy task.

OP
G

GreenieMeanie

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that for what you want, you've either got to go join the special forces/an intelligence government agency in Poland, or meet someone who's done that and convince him to train you directly. Which is not always an easy task.

What about elsewhere in EU?

Oni_Kadaki

Green Belt
Reaction score

I tend to agree with this assessment. With that being said, if you come to the US, there is a growing industry of ex-SOF guys teaching their skill set to law enforcement, less-cool military guys (e.g. me), and even civilians.

D

Deleted member 39746

European security academy is the only place i have found. (no i have not been) I think its based in poland, its around that area.

ESA Courses - euseca

Obviously research and read reviews etc before doing any courses or services. (its a generic security skills place, so close protection courses, shooting courses so fourth, they have a "counter terror" course which covers some SERE, they also had aSERE course listed once)

People who want to do tactical shooting courses in the more restrictive european states tend to exodus to eastern europe, or other places.

You are in luck though, as i just mentioned a lot of these places tend to be hosted in eastern europe, so Poland, Czechia, Slovakia etc. You could potetionally try and worm your way onto a civilian military course, some countries run courses for private companies but thats a whole other ball game and its normally say a EoD course a mine clerance group would sign themselves onto. (so actual cause and some economic capital)

I have also got Truways which does survival courses in the U.K. Well bushcraft/survival And there are some secuirty providers here that do evasive driving etc, you just cant really find live tactical weapons in the U.K, thats exported mainly elsewhere.

Trueways Survival | UK Survival Courses & Expeditions

Cost is also a factor, if the name carries some oompth it will cost more than a place that doesnt usually. (yet the qualification could be the same)

But, the issue with some internal security courses, they are aimed at giving people the required knowledge to get a license to work in the country, so the bulk of security courses will be aimed at making you elible for the relivent SIA license to work in the sector in the U.K. So quality outside of achiving the bare minimum for licensing can vary.

Thats a pain, and there is some legal **** around that in some places, although some of the links have various amount sof soldier input in them. Edit: that is generally advise given as the economic capital required to do what a soldier does is something in the thousands. I dont remmeber how much money a special forces person in the U.S is worth training and equipment wise but its pretty high, and it doesnt come out of their pocket. Thats why you have some stupidly long contracts as they dumped X amount of money on you so they at least expect you to work most of it off. Its seldom comfort if you arent eligible for military service though. (or dont fancy doing it) Or you want to do say PI work in the private sector and somone tells you to try for the SRR. Or try for the police force and get into it through them despite being illegible or not nessiasirily able or willing to join it. A topic that can be worth a essay in itself honestly.

Addendum: I am just going to dump bunch of websites i know of that do security courses/survival/bushcraft courses and also some small unit tactics courses ( i cannot vouch for the legiitmacy of them, just do your own research into them, some may be dead as well)
Security, Training and Compliance | Blue Mountain Group
Home
One Shepherd Leadership Institute – A Warrior Rite of Passage Since 1981
The UK’s Largest Bushcraft and Survival Courses | Equipment Provider
Cumberland Tactics
ShivWorks
Home - The Human Path
REAL First Aid
Max Velocity Tactical
edit: Gunsite Academy (forgot gunsite has some conceal carry pistol courses)
Probbly a bunch i have forgotten and am missing i have saved somewhere, but thats at least a selection.

Also, whats a SAD tool?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 39746

Just as a generla addition to the training points brought up here, each job has its own requirements and thus adapts training to them. A military has the infastructure of a nation ebhind it, probbly has at least some constant source of manpower (can always enact consription if there is a shortage) and is bulilt to fight another military. They also generally have specilsit weapons and support arms, so Armoured vehicles, Anti tank weapons, aircraft, engineers, armourors etc. A police force is built to maintain law and order, that has its own list of required skills and training and how they go about things. Then you have civilians who work in secuirty, either at home or abroad with diffrent levels of conflict, and also ones who just live in diffrent levels of conflict. thats at least a broad catergorisation of the main types you get.

I have no idea how to end this tangent, i think the point is clear, context drives what you train for and how. I can think of worse things to waste your money on that tactical skills honestly. At least you may have a fallback job in the secuirty industry off it. and at least you get some parlour tricks out of it. :p

Addendum: I could probbly go into a lot of detail, and so could other people discussing the ins and outs of training programe,s purpose and scopes of diffrent services, why they exsit, the nuances behind how they function like this and why etc etc. Its a discusion for another day, and a pretty intresting one as far as i am concered.

Last edited by a moderator: