Improving boxing fundamentals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
No. I did Kickboxing and now boxing.
Well, again, if your kickboxing did not incorporate those two things you claimed were lacking, that is, a bladed stance and sinking into punches, that sucks for you I guess. But that certainly isn't universally true, and certainly isn't true of Dutch style MT. You should do your homework more thoroughly before you presume to speak in universals, as it doesn't reflect too well on you.

OP
U

UserC

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Well, again, if your kickboxing did not incorporate those two things you claimed were lacking, that is, a bladed stance and sinking into punches, that sucks for you I guess. But that certainly isn't universally true, and certainly isn't true of Dutch style MT. You should do your homework more thoroughly before you presume to speak in universals, as it doesn't reflect too well on you.

Muay Thai is not Kickboxing.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you want to piss of a MT fighter, tell him he's a Kickboxer.

Well tbh I've never noticed they cared much one way or another and I know plenty of both. Most just think of themselves as 'fighters'.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
If you want to piss of a MT fighter, tell him he's a Kickboxer.
Sure ill say it next time im at my muay thai gym where i have trained for years and a number of pro fighters refer to themselves as kickboxers

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
There's 2 ex MT pros at my MMA club, both refer to themselves as kickboxers. I should probably inform them they should be more sensitive and careful with their words, I guess.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
What are good ways to improve fundamentals in boxing? I got the power and I'm fluid in sparring, but I need to work on my technique.

Should I increase shadow boxing training at home, or try and buy something to punch to learn proper distancing? My apartment is too small for a heavy bag.

Also, do gloves matter? My 160Z Everlast gloves are way too big for my hands, and feel like oven mitts on the heavy bag.

I think you just need to give it a little more time, bro, four months isn't that long. Especially the distancing. And I think distance is what will take the longest to get used to. But you'll be fine, just go with the flow of the boxing gym.

OP
U

UserC

Orange Belt
Reaction score
This is my best shot - the jab, which I'm able to dominate most recreational students with in sparring. The problem lies elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions