Boxing Glove Suggestions

justanormalguy

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I need some suggestions on inexpensive boxing gloves. I am brand new to the sport and the gloves will be used primarily for bag and mitt work (sparring won't be done for awhile). If it matters, I'm a 6'2", 215lb, 40 year old male. Thanks!

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
What does your gym sell?
Also depends what country you are in a bit.

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well being you already stated you are interested in Muay Thai I suggest you purchase a Muay Thai style Training Glove. If all you will be doing is pad and bag work then purchase Bag Gloves.

OP
J

justanormalguy

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I believe the gym sells 16 ounce ProForce gloves but they want $52 for them. And I'm in the United States.

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
ProForce makes several different 'Boxing Gloves' some are cheap; meaning poor quality. Some a little bit more expensive and somewhat higher quality but for the most part their boxing gloves are inexpensive and of low quality. If one were to be doing some cardio training and light punching, cool. However, if you are planning on doing a strong padwork and heavy bag workout they will not hold up.

The Great Gigsy

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I bought sone boxing gloves off amazon made by Rival. I believe they cost around 40 dollars, have owned them for almost 4 years and they are holding up just fine.

Mephisto

Black Belt
Reaction score
Title and ringside usually offer decent quality for the price. Anything around 40-60$ probably won't last more than 6mo to a year. Cleto Reyes is a brand that offers some higher quality options that guys in my gym recommend.

Flatfish

Black Belt
Reaction score
I bought these after seeing some good reviews on Sherdog:

Sparring Gloves - Boxing Gloves | KO Fightgear

They seem to live up the promise so far.

I also have a pair of Title heavy bag gloves that are more like MMA style gloves because I also practice open palm strikes and such.....they don't hold up as well.

OP
J

justanormalguy

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Thanks! I was just getting ready to ask about the KO gloves Flatfish!

Latest Discussions