I'm sorry, I can't do that, Dave...

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
http://www.mercurynews.com/valley/ci_13809715?nclick_check=1

IBM announces advances toward a computer that works like a human brain

Researchers from IBM and the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory say they have performed a computer simulation that matches the scale and complexity of a cat's brain, and project members from IBM and Stanford have developed an algorithm for mapping the human brain at new levels of detail. Eventually, scientists hope that detailed knowledge will help them build a computer that replicates the more complex working of a human brain.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Great, now the mainframe will be MartialTalking and Facebooking instead of crunching those number while I'm MartialTalking and Facebooking!

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
With a peaceful name like Skynet, what could possibly go wrong?

Umm...

...matches the scale and complexity of a cat's brain...
It sleeps all the time, fritzes out when it hears a can opener, demands that you take care of it, and then ignores you? :lol:

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Gee I hope the work on replicating a mans brain, ZZZZZZZ, eat, eat, sex, ZZZZZ

Better then a woman's, who does she think she is wearing white? Do i look fat in this casing? Oh what a *****! How does E=MC2 make you feel? tell me about it...

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Umm.....
.matches the scale and complexity of a cat's brain...
It sleeps all the time, fritzes out when it hears a can opener, demands that you take care of it, and then ignores you? :lol:

Don't forget that it needs to be worshiped as a God and it's litterbox (recycling bin) needs to be changed out often...

Good one Carol...

Latest Discussions