If you could....

M

Master of Blades

Change one thing about your training history what would it be? I only been doing Kali for three years so I cant really answer this But I asked my dad and he said he probably would have continued Hapkido but started Kali halfway through instead of after Hapkido. He also said he would have started at my age instead of at 20. What bout you guys? :asian:

rachel

Purple Belt
Reaction score
If I could change one thing it would be to have started when I was 7 or 8 years old. I just don't have the flexibility now that I had back then.:(

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I started at 15 and would have liked to had another 5 yrs. or so experience.

D.Cobb

2nd Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
I only got serious after developing diabetes about 10 years ago. I had dabbled a little before then, but as I say, nothing serious.

I would have got serious from the get go, if I'd known then what I know now.

Also, I think I would have found a way to hook up under my present Master, as the quality of instruction now is second to none. What he teaches works, and stays taught.

--Dave

:asian:

OP
M

Mike Clarke

Two things I would change [I know you only asked for one, but....]

First, I would have always trained in Okinawan karate instead of my first ten years being in a Japanese system.

And second, If I knew then what I know now, I would have entered the Jundokan dojo in Okinawa on my first visit there twenty years ago, instead of the dojo I did train in.

Having said all this, I have no real regrets about anyhting, as I've been walking a very exciting path these past 30 years.

Mike.

James Kovacich

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I could change 1 thing it would be that I never entered into the party scene. I fell down many times and let things get the better of me.

My first class I attended and also the same art that I spent most of the '70's in actually has all the elements of a system of what I do and beleive in today. That system was Kajukenbo.

For over 50 years that system has done what I "try" to do today!

MUCH RESPECT AND ADMIRATION TO SIJO EMPERADO!!!!!!

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If I could Change just one Thing . . .

I know this is going to sound funny, yet I have said it before and beleive it.

I would change nothing. I ma happy with the person I am today. My struggles made me who I am. I am not sure I would be where I am with out those struggles and or adveristy.

I know a cheap answer, yet it is the truth for me. :)

OP
M

Mickey

Originally posted by Rich Parsons
If I could Change just one Thing . . .

I know this is going to sound funny, yet I have said it before and beleive it.

I would change nothing. I ma happy with the person I am today. My struggles made me who I am. I am not sure I would be where I am with out those struggles and or adveristy.

I know a cheap answer, yet it is the truth for me. :)

How Cute ;)

If I could change one thing, it would be the death of my Mother. :(

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mickey
How Cute ;)

If I could change one thing, it would be the death of my Mother. :(

Mickey sorry to hear about your mother. :(

OP
S

Shinzu

i would have stayed with it in my younger years. knowing now what i didn't know then makes a big difference.

karatekid1975

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
If I could change one thing .......

I would have stayed in Tang Soo Do. For many reasons. Then again, if I stayed in NJ, my life would be HELL (other than martial arts). Oh, and I would have started a lot earlier. When I moved, if I was able to bring my TSD dojang with me, that would have been sooooooo cool :D

Latest Discussions