if they die can we give them a Darwin Award?

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Gasoline and "washing-up liquid"? Gee, let's put home made napalm in a flimsy glass tube, light it and swind them at each other. I can just see Yoda shaking his head saying "Dumbasses, you are" :jedi1:

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'm glad I wasn't an EMS first on the scene... would've been fired for laughing my *** off instead of providing immediate treatment.
How stupid how stupid how stupid. What were they thinking?

Speaking of stupid. I have a small river running behind my apartment complex... right now it's very swollen due to spring run offs and an unusual amount of rainfall (drought breaking). Saw a guy walking along taking pictures here and there. We chatted and he said that the pictures were for a friend that he hopes to dissuade from trying out a stunt he had in mind.
Kayaking the river.
Low bridges, very fast moving water, debris ranging from small cans to large logs, and to top it all off the water is just above freezing.

People get weird ideas in their heads and want to try stuff. SIGH!

Darwin candidates one and all.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
BWAAHHAAA!!

How long till that video hits the net??

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It isn't funny knowing that two kids were badly burned, but it certainly is hard to understand why they thought it was a good idea.

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
arnisador said:
It isn't funny knowing that two kids were badly burned, but it certainly is hard to understand why they thought it was a good idea.
But it wasn't a couple of kids...it was a 20 year old and a 17 year old (ok, almost a kid) that pulled this stupid crap. Ain't it a pain when your body keeps growing and your ability to use logic stops at around 7 years old?

Ender

Black Belt
Reaction score
Never underestimate the stupidity of people.

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Oh my. I guess it's gonna be another tough year to judge, eh? So many contestants, so few awards....

BrandiJo

Master of Arts
Reaction score
so are these people born with out brains or have they just managed to kill the little bit they are graced with?