Iaido Kata Seitei 01 Ippon-me - Mae

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Not to discourage your video finds, Jason, but you may want to peruse the Weapon Video thread (http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?240-Weapon-Videos), as a number of the clips you've put up recently are already there... embedded from you tube. I don't know if anyone else has had the same issues, but the site you've been linking is giving me a half-hour wait in some cases to just watch the clips.

For this clip, for example, see here: http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?89132-Seite-Iai-Kata01-Mae

OP
Jason Striker II

Jason Striker II

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Very sorry for the accidental repeat post! Will do my best to avoid them in the future.

Thanks.

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ha, not a problem! As I said, I don't want to discourage such things being posted... but I might suggest a better hosting site, such as you-tube to go to. It'll allow embedding fairly simply, just by posting the URL in the space provided when you click on the "film-strip" icon above. A number of people don't like clicking links, so embedding is a better way to show what you've found.

OP
Jason Striker II

Jason Striker II

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Sorry, but I live in China, and youtube is blocked, and can only be gotten thru to via a cumbersome proxy.

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Don't buy what Chris says Jason....he just doesn't like Seitei.....:)

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:chuckles: Well neither do I ... and I still agree that it's better to host videos on YouTube than almost anywhere else now :lol:. Maybe it's a conspiracy to prevent the spread of the Seitei corruption of Iai? :angel:

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Don't buy what Chris says Jason....he just doesn't like Seitei.....:)

Now, to be fair, Ken, I haven't pointed out any of the horrid dumbing down of swordsmanship found in Seitei Iai at all here, nor in the thread I linked...

A little more seriously, I was just trying to offer a way for Jason's clips to reach more people. Seitei, Koryu, whatever, I'm happy just to have people interested. Of course, if they could get interested in the real stuff, that's preferred... but I realise that some people only have Seitei available to them... ha!

pgsmith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Now, to be fair, Ken, I haven't pointed out any of the horrid dumbing down of swordsmanship found in Seitei Iai at all here, nor in the thread I linked...
I think that is an unfair assessment. You cannot look at the original kata, or schools, that seitei iai was taken from and compare today's seitei to them. You have to look at the seitei kata as their own ryu with their own reasoning and underlying movement principles, just like any other school. Taken in that light, the underlying teaching of the seitei kata is in line with the principles and ideals espoused by the ZNKR.

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ha, yeah, it's quite an unfair assessment... it's also biased, and completely lacking in the basis of what Seitei Iai was designed for, or acknowledgment of it's benefits. Hence the tongue in cheek delivery (and the comment of "a little more seriously..." after it)...

pgsmith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Ha, yeah, it's quite an unfair assessment... it's also biased, and completely lacking in the basis of what Seitei Iai was designed for, or acknowledgment of it's benefits. Hence the tongue in cheek delivery (and the comment of "a little more seriously..." after it)...

Didn't say that I disagreed with it, I just said it was unfair. ;)

Latest Discussions