I Was Assaulted Last Night...

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wow, stoneheart. As everyone else is, I too am glad you're all right, that this ended quickly and without too much harm and without the law having to get involved.

A wake-up call for those of us who get lax.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Glad you survived. It could have been worse if it wasn't for your training. Kudos and you keep training also! You're right, we cannot predict when and where an attack may occur.

- Ceicei

Well said Ceicei and I couldn't agree more...

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
Glad you're ok man. It's a good thing it wasn't worse. What if the guy had a beer bottle in his hand, yah know?

Hawke

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Likewise I am glad you are okay.

Things could have gone bad fast...weapons, buddies joining in, inexperienced bouncers, etc. You kept your head. You reacted to the violence. Nice job.

Your training worked for you that day. You are right. We all need to keep up our training. We never know when we will need it. Whoever gave the seat belt analogy is spot on. Reminds me of insurance (hope we never have to use it, but it's there if we need it).

Having a family changes your perspective at life. Your wife and kid need you.

MeatWad2

Green Belt
Reaction score
Sorry to hear you were mistaken for a someone else, but glad to hear you are ok! You know, the bar that you were at could have been liable if you didn't defend yourself. Sounded a little too drunk for me and if he got caught on the street like that, he would have been arrested on a DUI, even if he was just walking. He should thank you for helping him not get arrested...

Latest Discussions