I want to get my fight on

Jake104

Black Belt
Reaction score
First I want to say I have no school or anything to promote. I started my training to learn how to fight (18years ago). The last few years I have had back issues and three surgeries in the last 18 months. Wing chun has helped me with my rehabilitation. Now I feel great.

Through out my training I always sparred with other styles, been in some real fights , jumped etc. So I have always tried to pressure test my WC . What I have noticed on forums is that most people consider WC as a joke now a days, because of the lack sparring or pressure testing, static drills on a compliant partner etc.. When I first started training WC it was considered a no nonsense brutal MA ( I started right before UFC1). Now, primarily because of You tube and all of the countless arguing and debating on these forums it's not. Don't get me wrong alot of it is entertaining and some what educating.

I still believe it to be great art, like I have said, I have used it and it has worked great for me. What I'd like to see is more sparring and more real time realife training. I have been training my 13 year old son for six mOnths now and about a month ago we introduced med contact sparring with pads. His skill level and timing has greatly improved.

I would personally love to spar with others in my area. Just friendly med to full contact with pads so I can learn my weakness and strengths as a WC fighter. I'm not trying to make any lineage or school look bad just want to train. Like I said on the other thread I am lineagess. The bastard nephew of wing chun or maybe I'm from the YouTube WSl lineage. Who knows .

I know people will say WC is deadly and when you take the deadly moves out it isn't WC. Well I own and shoot guns. They are deadly. But I target shoot i practice to improved my skill and prepare my self for real situations. So this not a challenge I'm not a troll( At least I think I'm not). So anybody interested pm me.
Jake

OP
Jake104

Jake104

Black Belt
Reaction score
Forgive my post for errors. I am posting from my phone and have no idea how to edit. Plus I have adult add.

Jake

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Good to have you on board, Jake. The WC group I train with right now doesn't go at it that hard. Maybe because some of us are well over 50. Personally, I'm thinking we need to ramp things up a bit... but that's another issue. Anyway, the DTE Eskrima group I train with has a branch that trains pretty physically, basically a MMA approach. The head guy, Martin is an awesome fight-coach. Me, on the other hand, I go to the less physical workout. But once in a while we do pad up a bit and beat each other with sticks. Always fun. If you stop by you can see what we do, and if you want to find out about the "fight-club" group, my instructor can fill you in on that too. Both groups are on your side of town. Good luck in your search.

OP
Jake104

Jake104

Black Belt
Reaction score
Good to have you on board, Jake. The WC group I train with right now doesn't go at it that hard. Maybe because some of us are well over 50. Personally, I'm thinking we need to ramp things up a bit... but that's another issue. Anyway, the DTE Eskrima group I train with has a branch that trains pretty physically, basically a MMA approach. The head guy, Martin is an awesome fight-coach. Me, on the other hand, I go to the less physical workout. But once in a while we do pad up a bit and beat each other with sticks. Always fun. If you stop by you can see what we do, and if you want to find out about the "fight-club" group, my instructor can fill you in on that too. Both groups are on your side of town. Good luck in your search.

Thanks Steve. I'm looking forward to meeting on Sat.

Jake

Latest Discussions