I need advice

Metalanguie

White Belt
Reaction score
Jeje first, Sorry for My Bad English.
Hello My Game es Angui. I do a kendo since 2015, i love kendo. I worked hard for me and my dojo, i do exhibitions, and also give classes, mi sensei put me on Charge of a dojo, he was paid while for me nothing, but i was happy to help. One day My sensei and i were alone and he said he like me (romantical /sexual way) he is married And like 60 years old!. I said no. I thought it was all. But...Two months later a meet My actual boyfriend, he also do kendo. He is from other dojo.
Since they first day My sensei was rude to him. Now he prohibited him not only práctice with us, but also wait for me outside or go toguether to tournaments. And also My sensei never ask if i were ok after a major surgeon. I feel so sad an stressed, i don't enjoy My práctice anymore, i have issues with My boyfriend and family, im starting yo hate My story. Feel nervous and sad. I tried yo talk, twice with My sensei, but he Will never change.
What should i do?
Just leave, ir stay, justo quit My SPORT?
I don't know

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just for clarity, you're 30 like your profile says right?

Either way, even if he were the same age as you, he would be being incredibly inappropriate. Based on what you're saying, it sounds like he's trying to keep you from dating someone else out of jealousy, and it's causing issues with both your bf and your family. Also if I'm reading that right, there's another kendo dojo you could go to/train at (your bf's). I can't tell you what to do, but I can tell you what I would do, based on the info you've provided: I would personally leave his dojo and train at the other. And if he asks, briefly explain it to him around other people and leave/avoid getting into a long-drawn out conversation.

And, once I left the dojo, avoid any other situations where the two of us were alone together.

lklawson

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Jeje first, Sorry for My Bad English.
Hello My Game es Angui. I do a kendo since 2015, i love kendo. I worked hard for me and my dojo, i do exhibitions, and also give classes, mi sensei put me on Charge of a dojo, he was paid while for me nothing, but i was happy to help. One day My sensei and i were alone and he said he like me (romantical /sexual way) he is married And like 60 years old!.

Wait. What's wrong with 60? 60 isn't dead.

I said no. I thought it was all. But...Two months later a meet My actual boyfriend, he also do kendo. He is from other dojo.
Since they first day My sensei was rude to him. Now he prohibited him not only práctice with us, but also wait for me outside or go toguether to tournaments. And also My sensei never ask if i were ok after a major surgeon. I feel so sad an stressed, i don't enjoy My práctice anymore, i have issues with My boyfriend and family, im starting yo hate My story. Feel nervous and sad. I tried yo talk, twice with My sensei, but he Will never change.
What should i do?
Just leave, ir stay, justo quit My SPORT?
I don't know
Go some place else. It is not as if Kendo is rare and hard to find.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Gyuki

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
You must make an official complaint to the governing body for Kendo in your own country. This is inappropriate for a person in this position of trust.
Yes please do so. Leaving the dojo is to be done without a doubt.
Reporting the situation is extremely important to ensure this situation does not repeat itself with anyone else. Such behaviour don't come out of nowhere. At 60 years of age, it is almost certain he has done this before.
Report to all authorities possible starting by the governing body of the area you reside.

There are also people out there working to expose such disgusting practices and to make sure people like that get what they deserve (no school, public shame and disrespect along with jail time whenever possible).

Coercion and abuse have no parts in martial activities.

Remove yourself from the situation and report to authorities as soon as possible.

Latest Discussions