I need a workout buddy

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Man I need a workout buddy to help push me. I am trying to loose the twenty pounds I put on with that broken toe, all of my BB either work or just do not have time except for one or two days a week. I was trying to get a 5 am clas starting but to no avail, so then I was going to do like a 9:30 or 10 pm class just for a few and no luck. I hate working out with my wife and boys all the time and I know they got tried of hearing me complain to them but they are family
icon10.gif
. I need someone that will push me but also will not give into me when I say that is all. I need to just get over it and push myself once again.

I wonder if anybody else has these issue's?

bluekey88

Senior Master
Reaction score
All the time man. I'm there with you. Hell, I'd train with ya If I lived closer. It's so bad for me that I've had a hard time finding a partner to help me with my 2nd dan test. T^he couople of guys willign to do it are iunjured....everyone else is too busy/not willing/etc. This includes family (I'm less than thrilled).

Best to just keep at it best as you can. Better than doing nothing...and the payoff will still happen.

Peace,
Erik

OP
terryl965

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yea Erik I will it is just so nice to have someone your size and age to workout with.

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Wish you were geographically closer Terry! I too like to get up early and get going. An early morning workout starts the day out right!

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
same issue here too. hard to find people to work out with especially as an instructor. good luck

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Wish I lived closer terry I could use the same thing myself.

Or we could just decide to start the morning workout with a run and meet each other halfway... say the south west tip of Kentucky :D

dortiz

Black Belt
Reaction score
You coulod start a workout thread or blog. Each person agrees to the weekly routine and then post the update.
For example Monday 25 min running/bike cardio and chest and Tris / Tuesday streching/Yoga and Back and Bis / Wed running/ bike and shoulders and legs etc.
All who are in can post even if it was weak or they missed and the others will either cheer all on or motivate the ones in need of. You could almost create a level of excitement as to looking forward to the results and seeing the team move forward.
p9ox is also a great program but not for starting out. They use a model like this and it creates a motivating community that seems to work.

Dave O.

Last edited:

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
lets all get web cams and have an online work out. It is the new way you know.....

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Man I need a workout buddy to help push me. I am trying to loose the twenty pounds I put on with that broken toe, all of my BB either work or just do not have time except for one or two days a week. I was trying to get a 5 am clas starting but to no avail, so then I was going to do like a 9:30 or 10 pm class just for a few and no luck. I hate working out with my wife and boys all the time and I know they got tried of hearing me complain to them but they are family
icon10.gif
. I need someone that will push me but also will not give into me when I say that is all. I need to just get over it and push myself once again.

I wonder if anybody else has these issue's?

So do I. A training partner is useful and necesary (for me) to help me to give that extra we need to do.

Manny

Latest Discussions