Turning on the left foot

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I broke my little toe about six weeks ago and I have started back training again harder and I am noticing that I am not able to fully turn the left foot anymore. Also when I kick the bag with the left instep it just huirts like a shooting pain on that side of the foot, will this go away or am I going to need to adjust my kicking style for this problem?

chrispillertkd

Senior Master
Reaction score
I broke my left big toe in February sparring and it took me a while to get back to normal (probably about 5-6 weeks). Turning on the left foot and pulling the toes back to hit with the ball of the foot was problematic for a bit but did come back to normal.

Now, everyone is different so you might want to give it another week to see if there's more improvement. As long as there is no pain during normal movement or walking I wouldn't worry about it. But if another week or two passes and you're still having the trouble you described I'd suggest going to the doctors and having an X-Ray just to be sure it's properlly healed. (If you're experiencing pain when hitting a heavy bag with your instep you might need more recovery time for the bone to completely knit.)

Pax,

Chris

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
sounds to me like its not fully healed. Dont change your kickin, just ease off with the left leg and contact. turning is placing alot of compression on the foot. More than likely it isnt healed all the way. Rub it alot to increase blood flow. that will help speed the healing process. you are past the bone setting stage. probably have tissue damage from the break. plus we are getting old.... dont heal fast anymore.

ralphmcpherson

Senior Master
Reaction score
I had a similar problem after I broke my toe and it was about 2 months before it started to feel better.

prm2770

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I fractured a bone in my left foot several years ago...took about 3 months before there was no pain and another 2 months to retrain myself to complete any technique that had caused pain in that foot. Still aches from time to time. Don't rush back, let it heal fully.

Phill

Latest Discussions