I may have a little Aikidoka on my hands

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Thanks, she worked hard and she does deserve it. She told me something surprising though....I cannot remember the exact words but it is this...she refers working with adults instead of kids because the adults use force and the kids don't....
Mmm, interesting. What she is possibly finding is that you need something to work with, which she is calling 'force', where the kids are more likely to be standing still. You need force to be able to redirect it. Good pickup!
:asian:

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
My little Aikidoka could not get to Aikido at all last weekend due to my eye stuff, snow and no other person available to take her. This weekend she is sick and could not go to Aikido...today she is saying I hope I can go next weekend.... she missed Aikido

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
My little Aikidoka could not get to Aikido at all last weekend due to my eye stuff, snow and no other person available to take her. This weekend she is sick and could not go to Aikido...today she is saying I hope I can go next weekend.... she missed Aikido
My aikido lessons are at 7.00am. At times I've had to get up at 5:30 and much of the year it involves leaving home in the dark. It's almost an addiction.

All I can say to her is, "great attitude, keep it up".

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Today...break falls.... I'm wincing at every break fall....she's smiling the entire time

Later we worked on one of the throws she was working on..... I'm almost 3 times her weight and I got a couple feet on her in height.....dang, she locked my elbow and took me off balance.... it was so cool.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
She got hit in the nose by accident the other day, they were working on Iriminage and the boy she was working with brought his arm up right into her face, you could tell it hurt, but she kept going as long as she could until she stopped and asked if she could go blow her nose, Sensei said ok and she walked of the floor and blew her nose, multiple times and then walked over to me. I could tell she just wanted to cry, but she didn't. She told me how much her nose hurt and it would not stop running, but she held it together. I even told her it is ok to cry if she wanted, but she didn't. She went back out on the floor and bowed off with the rest of the class. Came back, changed, went to the car and then cried for a little bit and continued to have a runny nose for about 5 minutes.

We got home she was ok, just saying her nose felt weird. It was ok, nothing was broken, but it was sore. Next day comes and there is another Aikido class and she was not all that keen on going so I did not push her. After awhile she said she wanted to go so we did. During class they did a little more work on Iriminage and I thought she might back out, but she didn't. She worked on it, got through class and did just fine.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
OK, I realize that the adult class they are all whit belts until they get a black belt but not in the kids class

My little Aikidoka had another test, had a green belt and got 2 stripes for this test.... proud dad here :)

Now after the test the sensei was asking all the kids what they liked best about Aikido and they all seemed to have one thing they liked best. when my little aikidoka was asked the answer was...."everything" :)

Latest Discussions