I got my purple belt!

S

SingingTiger

Congrats, Rachel! I'm impressed, I don't think I could pull off 200 pushups unless I did them as 40 sets of 5 (and even then I'm not so sure!). I hope you had to do some kempo stuff too. :)

Rich

OP
rachel

rachel

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Oh we did pinions and combinations and sho lung,etc. It wasn't all pushups and situps.the whole test took about 2 hours.

OP
rachel

rachel

Purple Belt
Reaction score
believe me, i had no idea I could do 200 pushups.We did them as 20 pushups 20 situps.19 pushups then 19 situps and so on. I was like ok this is either gonna make or break me and break me is NOT an option. I just wanted that belt so bad and thinking of Bruce Lee and that he wouldn't give up and would push to the limit....I've been reading Zen in the martial arts and he's mentioned alot so that book actually helped me alot for the test. Whoever recommended it to me as good reading I thank you.:asian:

R

RCastillo

Originally posted by rachel
thanks, everybody. I feel like the queen of pain right now. My arms don't hurt like I thought they would but tomorrow is another day. What keeps you all going during enduring tests like that? What do you think about?

What would keep me going? The fact that I would be so pumped up that I did not show up to fail, or lose!:asian:

R

RCastillo

Originally posted by KenpoTess
200 Pushups?? WOW.. You're my Hero Rachel.. Gee even with my arms.. I doubt I could pull that off~!!
Congratulations on your promotion :)

Oh Tess, you're so modest! :)

R

RCastillo

Originally posted by Seig
AS if there were any doubt

There it is then, for all the world to see,
The King is dead, long live the Queen!":asian:

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by RCastillo
There it is then, for all the world to see,

Are you twisting words around? ... Your little training protege MOB is learning from you isn't he?:mad:

R

RCastillo

Originally posted by jfarnsworth
Buttering up again, Huh!:eek:

Naturally!!!!!!!!!!!

Always stay on the on the good graces, and the side of POWER!:asian:

R

RCastillo

Are you twisting words around? ... Your little training protege MOB is learning from you isn't he?:mad:

NO, I'm sore at him right now, cause he said, I was "involved" with you? I'm fixing to put the hurt to that Butter Knife!:mad:

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
NO, I'm sore at him right now, cause he said, I was "involved" with you? I'm fixing to put the hurt to that Butter Knife!:mad:

Well be careful on how much butter you use. You know the whole cholesterol clogging your arteries thing.:rofl:

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I hope so, I'm trying to call him, but I lost his number! :(

Likely story:rolleyes: . That's why you never call me then Mr.:soapbox:

R

RCastillo

Well be careful on how much butter you use. You know the whole cholesterol clogging your arteries thing.:rofl:

Hey, I'm on the "Atkins" thing, and doing well. One day I maylook as good as you!:D

R

RCastillo

Likely story:rolleyes: . That's why you never call me then Mr.:soapbox:

Well, give me your number on PM, you give it to your girlfriends, don't you?:eek:

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hey, I'm on the "Atkins" thing, and doing well.

Well good luck.

One day I maylook as good as you!

Eh, I don't think anyone wants to look like me. I'm just an average goof. Did you look at the thread under this one yet?:EG:

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, give me your number on PM, you give it to your girlfriends, don't you?:eek:

Haa, now I know your wrong. Women don't like me for some reason. I was lucky that I found one who did.:eek:

Latest Discussions