I finally did it !!

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
So, you begrudge him congratulating someone?

Yes.

Because the person ain't here to see it. He knows it. This was either about people seeing him congratulate someone, or about him stirring the pot. He knew damn well what he was doing.

He must be stirring a lot of pots. He's been a member here for 5 days and has over 200 posts. That's 40 posts a day. And most of his posts are fluff.

Read that sentence again...

He's egging it on.
  • Post #21 he's proud of how he "brought the thread back to life."
  • Post #24 he admits he did this for no good reason.
  • Post #26 you can tell he's purposefully stirring the pot.
I'd find it a hard sell to say he's this innocent little newbie who's being harassed. He knows what he's doing. He's reveling in it. And you guys are enabling him. So not only is he being a pompous jerk, but you get to add to his ego. It's like the bully who's mother thinks he's a perfect little angel.

But you guys are too busy trying to defend necro posts to see it.

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I embrace waking up old threads. I do it myself, from time-to-time. I see nothing wrong with it.

Everybody "sees nothing wrong with" their behavior.

"I steal candy from babies from time to time. I see nothing wrong with it."

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
C’mon Skribs, this is not the hill to die on. Let it go.

Necro posts and the flippant attitude of the mods regarding them were why I left the last time. This is absolutely the hill to die on.

Honestly, the fact that I can't put some of the mods and admins on ignore is making me want to leave again. Not just for this thread, but there are multiple mods I'd have loved to have on ignore for quite a while now. In this thread, I'd have added an admin to the list as well. So maybe it's not the fact I can't put staff on ignore, but the specific staff that I don't want to have to put up with.

Either way, I don't think I'm gonna be here much longer.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Necro posts and the flippant attitude of the mods regarding them were why I left the last time. This is absolutely the hill to die on.

Honestly, the fact that I can't put some of the mods and admins on ignore is making me want to leave again. Not just for this thread, but there are multiple mods I'd have loved to have on ignore for quite a while now. In this thread, I'd have added an admin to the list as well. So maybe it's not the fact I can't put staff on ignore, but the specific staff that I don't want to have to put up with.

Either way, I don't think I'm gonna be here much longer.
That is your choice to make. Seriously though. As much as MT is an imperfect place, this issue is nothing.

D

Deleted member 39746

Just do the holy neco batman meme and move on.

Second if its to antogonise you are feeding them by posting how you are antogonised.

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Who are you to tell everybody else what posts are acceptable?

Someone who's been on enough forums to know that it's general internet etiquette that necro posts are bad form. I don't understand this need the staff here has to defend them.

Ok then, make a mountain out of a mole hill. If that feels right to you, then do it. I don’t think anyone else really cares. So howl at the moon if you like.

"I want to do this thing that's clearly bad manners. So I'm going to say it doesn't matter so that I look okay and you look like a lunatic."

This is a tactic bullies have been using for a long time now. I remember encountering this in elementary school. I would say "I expect better from you," except I've talked with you enough that I don't expect better from you.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Someone who's been on enough forums to know that it's general internet etiquette that necro posts are bad form. I don't understand this need the staff here has to defend them.

"I want to do this thing that's clearly bad manners. So I'm going to say it doesn't matter so that I look okay and you look like a lunatic."

This is a tactic bullies have been using for a long time now. I remember encountering this in elementary school. I would say "I expect better from you," except I've talked with you enough that I don't expect better from you.
Do what you want skribs.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score

Nobody is defending them. We're saying there is no rule against it. Get over yourself.

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Nobody is defending them. We're saying there is no rule against it. Get over yourself.

So you're enabling it. Then you're defending that there is no rule. So you're defending him.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I am on a couple other martial arts forums. Nobody bats an eye when an old thread is resurrected.

If other forums forbid it, that is their choice. If this forum does not forbid it, that is the choice of the owners and staff of this forum. Those who own/manage/control the forum have the right to set the rules. Those who hang out in the forum do so under those rules.

If you don’t like the rules in a forum, then hang out in other forums where you do like the rules.

Honestly, this debate has become weird. This is a bizarre point to get so upset over.

Latest Discussions