I dare post another video.

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
yes it has it's in a thread about practising a striking arts, that's your clue right there
It's in a forum 'Members in Motion'. The original poster even stated she is using the apparatus for different things for 'her' training. Nothing about specifically as to striking only.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
It's in a forum 'Members in Motion'. The original poster even stated she is using the apparatus for different things for 'her' training. Nothing about specifically as to striking only.
she built an object to strike, which lead us to discuss striking, there's been no mention grappling in the whole thread , not by you or anyone, until this point when you've made a fool of yourself and are trying to change direction.

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
she built an object to strike, which lead us to discuss striking, there's been no mention grappling in the whole thread , not by you or anyone, until this point when you've made a fool of yourself and are trying to change direction.
I've been speaking striking for the most part. You talked of striking with power and I've spoken some advantages of practicing striking without power for targeting practice. I've not mentioned grappling but that is certainly a viable part of fighting and striking for a set up into grappling. There is standing grappling as well as on the knees and the body on the ground. There is striking within those aspects of grappling also.
As to someone thinking I've made a fool of myself...lol...it for sure isn't the first time and most certainly not going to be the last. I probably cause someone, somewhere to think I'm a fool everyday. Most likely happens even to you.

Striking can be utilized for KO. Can also be utilized to set up other attacks. Or a strike movement can be a different type of attack. If you don't understand that or feel such is appropriate...Okay. I'll just continue on my foolish way using some less powerful strikes as setups for other attacks.

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
you could argue, that a good form kick should always be more powerful than a bad form kick, but in my experience that is not always true, as I can develop significantly greater power and therefore injury with soccer kicks, which by ma standards would be bad form

You should really watch some old PRIDE rules fights.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I've been speaking striking for the most part. You talked of striking with power and I've spoken some advantages of practicing striking without power for targeting practice. I've not mentioned grappling but that is certainly a viable part of fighting and striking for a set up into grappling. There is standing grappling as well as on the knees and the body on the ground. There is striking within those aspects of grappling also.
As to someone thinking I've made a fool of myself...lol...it for sure isn't the first time and most certainly not going to be the last. I probably cause someone, somewhere to think I'm a fool everyday. Most likely happens even to you.

Striking can be utilized for KO. Can also be utilized to set up other attacks. Or a strike movement can be a different type of attack. If you don't understand that or feel such is appropriate...Okay. I'll just continue on my foolish way using some less powerful strikes as setups for other attacks.
Give it up Danny; I have been sucked in to Jobo's blather more than once. Oh, I guess I just made a fool of myself by acknowledging I converse with Jobo. ;)

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Very nice! I don't like your back kick. Powerful and accurate but you lead with your butt, moving backwards towards your target. Attack forward, then turn and kick. Minimize the time your back is to opponent. Great respect for your kicks in all other aspects.

OP
skyeisonfire

skyeisonfire

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Very nice! I don't like your back kick. Powerful and accurate but you lead with your butt, moving backwards towards your target. Attack forward, then turn and kick. Minimize the time your back is to opponent. Great respect for your kicks in all other aspects.

Don't remember doing a back kick in this vid?

**edited** oh, never mind, think I know what you are talking about. That wasn't meant to be a back kick. It's more like a half **** side kick went wrong lol. To me though, it still landed as intended. If I were meaning to go full power, it still would smart.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

**edited** oh, never mind, think I know what you are talking about. That wasn't meant to be a back kick. It's more like a half **** side kick went wrong lol. To me though, it still landed as intended. If I were meaning to go full power, it still would smart.

No problem with delivery, just presenting your rear/side for what I would consider too long.

ShotoNoob

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

I myself would never go the route you are. Yet you've made "JKD" work.

I don't see anything wrong with your style or form, other than as you yourself have noted. Practice.

Like the whole commentary about the "hands ups" is silly. You know what you are doing.:cool:

Latest Discussions