I Am Legend

Sorros

Orange Belt
Reaction score
A patient of mine this week wrote an editorial on the original book, I Am Legend.
She is the editor for the web site http://icansmellyourbrains.com/
If you like that sort of things. It's pretty raw.
Are you into vampire movies?

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Do you have a link to her review? I wasn't able to find it on the site...although, I admit I wasn't able to spend a lot of time looking because the site isn't totally work-safe. ;)

OP
Sorros

Sorros

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Do you have a link to her review? I wasn't able to find it on the site...although, I admit I wasn't able to spend a lot of time looking because the site isn't totally work-safe. ;)
OOOPS I messed up it was the book review that I saw. Sorry.

The patient any way was really cool. looked a lot like Carol except all tatted up.

tradrockrat

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I've long felt that I am Legend is one of the three best Vamp books of all time.

Dracula, I Am Legend, and Vampire$ (John Steakly's masterpiece of modern day Vamp hunters)

Both Dracula and Vampire$ were ill treated by Hollywood - I don't hold out too much hope for I Am Legend...

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
All I know is that I am interested to see it.
icon6.gif

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
I Am Legend is a great book and I agree with tradrockrat - it's one of the best vampire stories ever. I'm looking forward to the movie, but the trailer makes me uncertain that it will be any good.

Be sure to check out Hell House, too. One of the best haunted house stories ever.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Basically this new film is the third version of the novel.
The first is "The Last Man on Earth" (1964) starring the wonderful Vincent Price, next came "The Omega Man" (1971) with Charlton Heston.
Both (previous) versions were based on a lone survivor of a devastating plague that made the victims either the undead (vampires in the Price vehicle -- recommended) or non-flesh-eating zombie like characters in the Heston version. Both men were immune and carried the important anti-bodies which could cure the planet.
Whether or not the Will Smith version will be more true to the book remains to be seen.

A patient of mine this week wrote an editorial on the original book, I Am Legend.
She is the editor for the web site http://icansmellyourbrains.com/
If you like that sort of things. It's pretty raw.
Are you into vampire movies?
By the way this site has adult language FYI -- for those who don't care to read such things. :asian:

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
The book was good. When they showed The Omega Man on planes they had to open a window to equalize the sucking. Among other things the movies completely missed the point. He had become the monster. The vampires were the new human society.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
TAmong other things the movies completely missed the point. He had become the monster. The vampires were the new human society.

We saw the movie today. Artistically speaking, it was excellent--the way they held your attention through so much silence was amazing. It's a great work.

But your comment above was never so true... :(

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The book was good. When they showed The Omega Man on planes they had to open a window to equalize the sucking. Among other things the movies completely missed the point. He had become the monster. The vampires were the new human society.

Yes that is what it is all about!
icon6.gif

Latest Discussions