I am auditioning for Lost tomorrow...

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/a...D=/20080815/LIFE/808150336/-1/ISLANDLIFEFRONT

As production begins on O'ahu for the fifth season of "Lost," the executives at ABC have decided they need new faces for the popular Hawai'i-based drama.

There's an open call for wannabe actors tomorrow at Ala Wai Elementary. So if you've ever wanted to join the beleaguered castaways on "Lost," here's your chance.

"We hadn't done an open call before, and we felt it was about time," said Rachel Sutton, the show's new casting director. "We are looking for anyone and everyone."

Don't expect to be given a script or told any of the storyline. Those are the network equivalent of a classified state secret. Instead, organizers plan to have you fill out a form, take your photo and maybe ask you a few questions about your time in the school

I wonder if they have room on the show for a Minnesota Ex-pat Karateka?

OP
Makalakumu

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'll wow them with my accent and my naihanchi.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That's cool! Best of luck to you! (Personally, I think you're a shoe in.) :asian:

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
"Break a leg"
or as those not associated with the business would say Best of luck

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Maybe they shipped him off already. :lol2:

OP
Makalakumu

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
There were thousands of people. The line wrapped halfway around a city block. They basically took your picture and asked a few questions about your acting experience. My wife and I came back several times throughout the day to see if the line would go down, but it was long the entire time from 9-5.

I guess its kind of like buying a lottery ticket, now. Who knows if the numbers are right? But at least I have a chance?

I told them that I have performed in several Chinese New Year celebrations, doing martial arts. I doubt that will fit anywhere, but wouldn't it be cool if it did?

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Aye, sounds like the odds are long with a 'call' that large. Still, you're "in it" so there is ever a chance to "win it" :D. Best of luck, mate.

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hey, anytime you have something special about you that makes you stand out, its a good thing. Most of those people are probably just schmucks that acted in a high school musical. :) You know KARATE! :)

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You have to stand out in a cattle call. That can be tough to do because that's the business ... everyone is standing out in one way or another which makes for ... chaos and insanity that is the cattle call.

Good luck!

OP
Makalakumu

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Nope, nothing. Not even a hint of whether or not they chose anyone the whole time...

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
as far as I can tell you have to be willing to show it all , be ugly as hell or great lookin, buff, or realy out of shap to get on the show. The average looking person dose not stand a chance

Latest Discussions