Hypnosis and Wing chun English version

WingChunIan

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Well the post certainly made me cringe. I'm a practicising hypnotherapists and have had the pleasure of witnessing some of the leading hypnotherapists in europe and the US working. Either that video is completely fake and the girl is acting (which would be my guess) or the anchors of the clicked fingers and hand to the rear of the neck have been repeatedly worked over time to embed them.
Whilst people continue to circulate videos like this no one will ever take hypnotherapy seriously and its a real shame because it can help with wing chun training immensely. I have never used it with my students as no one has yet asked but I have used it on myself through self hypnosis and my wife (kind of a student) to produce significant improvements in the ability to relax during exchanges, awareness of tactile information and programing of correct responses such as footwork. SNT should be a form of self hypnosis / meditation once a practitioner is past the stage of learning the movements and the legs are strong enough to hold them for a prolonged period of time without distress, focusing the mind on a simple concept such as the moving elbow and excluding everything else.
As for learning the forms in reverse order, to each their own but my challenge would be that biu tze teaches practitioners to put themselves into bad positions in order that they can learn recovery if these become habit they are harder to un learn than if correct habits are formed first. Additionally the power generation in biu tze is designed to build on top of the power generation method in chum kiu which is in turn designed to build on the elbow power developed in SNT. The knives then take this power concept to another level and if the hand forms aren't trained before the knives not only can bad habits be developed but practising with the knives can cause damage to the wrists and elbows.
I don't follow the WSL lineage but the stories of him teaching the three forms in 18 months or a year are probably true, but I can garauntee (having met several of his direct students) that each would have been taught as a build on the previous one and students would have been encouraged to revisit SNT each step of the way. I can easily teach students all three forms and the jong form in about 3 months but they would have no understanding or ability and so I choose not to and instead follow the tried and trusted progressive teaching method that is common to all Ip Man lineages

O'Malley

Black Belt
Reaction score
Completely agree with the above, this is the point I wanted to make in my first post.

OP
P

poulperadieux

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Well the post certainly made me cringe. I'm a practicising hypnotherapists and have had the pleasure of witnessing some of the leading hypnotherapists in europe and the US working. Either that video is completely fake and the girl is acting (which would be my guess) or the anchors of the clicked fingers and hand to the rear of the neck have been repeatedly worked over time to embed them.

As a said in another post you obviously didn't read, Julia is a Street hypnotist and works with me.
Anyway, the combination of shifting from vision to kinestetic with an hand catalepsy is a quick induction I practice really often in bars or in the streets, it usually works in less than a minute.

You should try it, if you are slow in your inductions, or worse, you are a script reader?

And, By the way, If you are so a badass masta wing chun hypnotist, why don't you make a video on the subject with your honey pie student witch will be far far superior than mine.

Seriously... You wanna impress who with all this cv talk without arguments?

Whilst people continue to circulate videos like this no one will ever take hypnotherapy seriously and its a real shame because it can help with wing chun training immensely. I have never used it with my students as no one has yet asked but I have used it on myself through self hypnosis and my wife (kind of a student) to produce significant improvements in the ability to relax during exchanges, awareness of tactile information and programing of correct responses such as footwork. SNT should be a form of self hypnosis / meditation once a practitioner is past the stage of learning the movements and the legs are strong enough to hold them for a prolonged period of time without distress, focusing the mind on a simple concept such as the moving elbow and excluding everything else.

Yeah, guess what, I use hypnosis in Wing Chun courses with sucess, and I also teach hypnosis.
So gimme lessons when you'll do the same.

As for the rest, I've already answered.

Try teaching how to move, and than the foundations is, as I said, maybe the original way Wing Chun was taught, I've go two sources confirming that.

WingChunIan

Blue Belt
Reaction score
poulperadieux, you do what you want, I'm not interested in a pi**ing contest with you I am merely trying to prevent hypnotherapy and Wing Chun being discredited. I use a variety of inductions and deepeners with clients and no I never use a script, however from experience (of myself and other far more experienced and renown hypnotists) simple or rapid inductions whilst useful for inducing a mild trance state do not produce the collapsing into deep trance response demonstrated in your video unless there has been a serious amount of prior work. Stage hypnotism is different to clinical hypnotherapy and if you only choose the most susceptible individuals and further restrict your targets to those who want to please / exhibit then I'm sure you can have some seemingly impressive results.
As far as using hypnosis to improve Wing Chun (or any martial art) in my opinion it can be a valuable tool for removing subconcious reactions such as tensing, chasing arms etc, for mitigating the adrenal response and for improving awareness of tactile sensitivity. However hypnosis can only work with something that the subject has prior experience of or an understanding of. It isn't the matrix, if the brain has no prior basis on which to build the desired behaviour then it can't be done. Anyway I think I've made my point, and I think that your post above helped to reinforce it so I shan't comment further. Good luck with your training.

OP
P

poulperadieux

Orange Belt
Reaction score
poulperadieux, you do what you want, I'm not interested in a pi**ing contest with you I am merely trying to prevent hypnotherapy and Wing Chun being discredited.

C'est celui qui dit qui y est.

I use a variety of inductions and deepeners with clients and no I never use a script, however from experience (of myself and other far more experienced and renown hypnotists) simple or rapid inductions whilst useful for inducing a mild trance state do not produce the collapsing into deep trance response demonstrated in your video unless there has been a serious amount of prior work. Stage hypnotism is different to clinical hypnotherapy and if you only choose the most susceptible individuals and further restrict your targets to those who want to please / exhibit then I'm sure you can have some seemingly impressive results.

I know at least 4 rapid inductions that induce fairly deep trance... I can teach you if you want?

As far as using hypnosis to improve Wing Chun (or any martial art) in my opinion it can be a valuable tool for removing subconcious reactions such as tensing, chasing arms etc, for mitigating the adrenal response and for improving awareness of tactile sensitivity.

Yeah, that's what I say in my video...

However hypnosis can only work with something that the subject has prior experience of or an understanding of. It isn't the matrix, if the brain has no prior basis on which to build the desired behaviour then it can't be done.

As I didn't say in my video...

Anyway I think I've made my point, and I think that your post above helped to reinforce it so I shan't comment further. Good luck with your training.

Yeah, I think I understood you pee further than me...
Good Luck also.