Hypnosis and Wing chun English version

OP
P

poulperadieux

Orange Belt
Reaction score
You sir are being evasive in an attempt to hide your lack of qualifications. I asked you for yours. If you have nothing to hide please enlighten me as to what they are.

No no, I have nothing to hide.
We french only discuss with polite fellows, we eat bizarre food and are stubborn people, damned us, you first, I may insist, I'll follow.

Your opponent must have been terrible.
Indeed yes !
And more scared than me !

Won on a ko kick on the second round, I'll always remember the noise of my feet on his skull. I had a good taekwondo teacher, really practical.

Uncle

Blue Belt
Reaction score
And if you go to learn boxing you'll find that they have a system of instruction also. Teaching you how to do a ree hit combo before teaching a proper jab is essentially what you're proposing.

Now what are your teaching qualifications again pray tell?

OP
P

poulperadieux

Orange Belt
Reaction score
And if you go to learn boxing you'll find that they have a system of instruction also. Teaching you how to do a ree hit combo before teaching a proper jab is essentially what you're proposing.

Now what are your teaching qualifications again pray tell?

Yeah, I know, I did a little boxing...

But I didn't see tao during the courses, is it bad for the boxing fellows?
Won't they discover the ultimate pinnacle of gong fu?

I insist, you first !

OP
P

poulperadieux

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Only if you have something to hide will you continue with this ridiculous evasion.

I find strange, as you ask me my CV, why you don't tell yours, It's my topic, my rules.
I promise, I won't let you down, shy fellow.

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score
Stay polite, or tell me where you teach, I do travel a lot !

That is me being polite.

I'm serious , you are short changing the students by not making them do all the basic stuff just because they think it is boring.
If they think it's boring to practice the SLT and Chum Kiu then just maybe Wing Chun is not the art for them.

OP
P

poulperadieux

Orange Belt
Reaction score
That is me being polite.

I'm serious , you are short changing the students by not making them do all the basic stuff just because they think it is boring.
If they think it's boring to practice the SLT and Chum Kiu then just maybe Wing Chun is not the art for them.

No no no.

I, Myself, think it's boring starting with boring stuff.
I make the teaching the boring stuff after, I insist learning should be fun, so when you teach the boring stuff, it's not felt boring anymore.

Do you follow?

You don't lean anything with pain, you don't bore knowledge into people.

And, for some people, I refuse to teach wing chun, because some people can't learn wing chun, I just teach them some other stuff more suited for them.

Uncle

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Boxing has a system, wing chun has a system. They each do their own way. If you don't learn the jab you won't be doing three hit combos. It's the same with wing chun. No siu lim tao, no chum kiu, no chum kiu, no biu jee, and so on.

And since you will not tell me upon being asked without resorting to the childish and imbecillic ploy of "you first" I must conclude you are a fraud as evidenced by your lack of knowledge and inability to produce your lineage. Don't worry there are plenty of frauds who learned from YouTube.

As i asked first however, if you disclose your lineage I will gladly do the same.

OP
P

poulperadieux

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Only if you have something to hide will you continue with this ridiculous evasion.

Ok ok, I surrender, I tell you :

I'm a yellow belt in Martial Talk.
And I'm a Vagabond, I have no master, no lineage.

And you guessed, I learned a lot from Youtube, got a lot of friends on Youtube also, they are just amazing teachers there, and in real life.

Uncle

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Since you so nicely obliged I'm a student of Moy Yat. I got to meet Ip Man before you were born.

OP
P

poulperadieux

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Since you so nicely obliged I'm a student of Moy Yat. I got to meet Ip Man before you were born.

Really cool, how old are you senior student?
Can you tell me more, or else I'll give you a lasy resume of my journey in wing chun when I'll come back from my course tonight !

Uncle

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Really cool, how old are you senior student?
Can you tell me more, or else I'll give you a lasy resume of my journey in wing chun when I'll come back from my course tonight !

In case you didnt get my subtle humor I was making fun of the fact that you tried to turn a simple, polite request over whom your instructor was and how long you've been training into an adolescent pissing match by going "you first" repeatedly in order to avoid answering the question.

Now are you ready to have a mature discussion?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you two flirting with each other?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In his dreams Tez. You know you're the only one for me ;)

Of course LOL, now will the Frenchman live up to the French reputation for being 'charment'?

Takai

Senior Master
Reaction score
That is me being polite.

I happen to enjoy all the "boring" stuff. It is what makes the "fun" stuff work correctly. Could you get the "fun" stuff to work without the "boring" stuff...maybe. To train technique and movement without proper structure, root and the depth of knowledge required to make it work is inviting disaster.

OP
P

poulperadieux

Orange Belt
Reaction score
In case you didnt get my subtle humor I was making fun of the fact that you tried to turn a simple, polite request over whom your instructor was and how long you've been training into an adolescent pissing match by going "you first" repeatedly in order to avoid answering the question.

Now are you ready to have a mature discussion?

On Hypnosis, sure, on your ego probems, nope !

So, you didn't ate at Yip's table? So lame.

Argus

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
poulperadieux,

Why don't you find a traditional Wing Chun school, and train there first before forming so many preconceived notions?

Also, I would not subscribe to Kenneth Cheung's teachings. In Yip Man's early years of teaching, he moved around a lot. Many of his early students did not study under him long, and went off and started teaching on their own before they knew the system. They will say many things about how and what Yip Man taught in order to validate their own claims and practices. They are frauds, and their stories do not line up with any of Yip Man's real students.

OP
P

poulperadieux

Orange Belt
Reaction score
poulperadieux,

Why don't you find a traditional Wing Chun school, and train there first before forming so many preconceived notions?

Also, I would not subscribe to Kenneth Cheung's teachings. In Yip Man's early years of teaching, he moved around a lot. Many of his early students did not study under him long, and went off and started teaching on their own before they knew the system. They will say many things about how and what Yip Man taught in order to validate their own claims and practices. They are frauds, and their stories do not line up with any of Yip Man's real students.

Go see Kenneth Cheung some time, expand your way of thinking, visit other people, other school, and, If you come in Strasbourg, gimme an Email, I'll give you a free Lesson, promise.

Leung Seun is dead, TST is still alive, so, in wing chun family, as in every asian family, there are levels of respect, so right now, TST has the highest level of respect, than comes Kenneth Cheung...

Just for information if you are not aware of asian traditions.

Latest Discussions