Howdy from Chi-town!!!

strikesubmit

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
hey guys,

just popping in to introduce myself to everyone.

as the title suggests, i'm from Chicago. i'm currently training at Gracie Barra Chicago under Eddie Redzovic. it's obviously a Brazilian jiu-jitsu gym, but we're fortunate to also have Muay Thai classes.

i've been training in bjj for over 2 years now. i've just recently gotten my blue belt (it's been a long, yet rewarding road). i've also been training in Muay Thai for about a year and a half now.

previous to all of this, i was involved in Shotokan karate--specifically ITKA. i stuck with it for around 6 years, all the way up to 3rd kyu (brown). but towards the latter portion of my training, i felt i just wasn't getting much out of the style--especially it terms of practical training and application.

so, from my personal standpoint, starting "all over" with bjj/mt seemed to be the best thing i'd ever done. not to completely knock Shotokan, but within the first few weeks of taking Muay Thai, i had already learned more about effective striking techniques than i had with Shotokan--but that's just me personally, and again, no offense to karateka out there.

anywho, that's me in a nutshell. i hope to discuss more with y'all in the near future!

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome to Martial Talk from a gal in the Burbs. :)

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings from the NorthCoast here in Cleveland..