How to Defeat Dudes: Useful Stuff for the Non-martial Artist

Chuck Johnson

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Greetings all. My name is Chuck Johnson, and I am a martial arts master, writer, former bodyguard, and stunt man residing in Tokyo, Japan. Ive recently started a new Web series called "How to Defeat Dudes: Useful Stuff for the Non-martial Artist". As the title implies, the show isn't so much for us martial artists, as it is for those who are a bit too shy to try it... but still want to know and understand the basics of self-defense.

My hope in creating the show however isn't just to help people learn to defend themselves, but also to give them a non-threatening glance into the world of martial arts. Hopefully one that will spark their interest and give them the courage to come and give it a shot.

If you'd like to check out the show, here is the link to episode 1:

(At present, I have posted the first 3). Hope all is well in the states or wherever you may be, and hope to meet some of you soon!

Last edited by a moderator:

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I don't know about the self defense aspects, but I like the way you put your videos together. Clear, simple, short, well edited and your audio sounds good.

Sent using Tapatalk. Please ignore typos.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I agree, Steve. Nice, simple, clean, presentation with no promises of super-human outcomes that so blight the public output all too many martial arts 'masters' ...

... other than Master Ken of course ... Ameri-To-De is just that lethal :).

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
I agree, Steve. Nice, simple, clean, presentation with no promises of super-human outcomes that so blight the public output all too many martial arts 'masters' ...

... other than Master Ken of course ... Ameri-To-De is just that lethal :).
Well, Master Ken is just warning You. Not giving You false ideas.

Latest Discussions