How long has it been...

Directional Harmony

White Belt
Reaction score
Since covid, how long has it been since you've been able to train with contact? Almost a year for me, thankfully the dojo has remained open but with modifications .

Last edited:

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Did your dojo close or restrict contact at all for some time?
If the following 3 conditions can be met, body contact should not be an issue.

1. Both A and B had fully COVID vaccine shots.
2. Both A and B have face masks on.
3. Train in outdoor environment.

my-slant-cut.gif

Drobison491

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
we had to move to a park since the dojo shut down (my instructor rented time from another school) but we never stopped doing contact work. But if someone doesn't feel comfortable they are able to work on Kata instead of contact drills

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's been a year since I did any of my regular classes, but I've maintained a workout pod of two - myself and one of my private students. We're practicing stickfighting in the park (masked, of course). There's some contact, but the fact that we're outside, operating mostly at long range, and both of us are conscientious about any exposure elsewhere made the risk acceptable for me.

I get my first vaccine shot tomorrow, so I hope I'll be able to get back to some more regular training before too long.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Since covid, how long has it been since you've been able to train with contact? Almost a year for me, thankfully the dojo has remained open but with modifications .
I've lost all concept of the passage of time, it's about 12 months I think, since the govenment announced a three week lock down to " flatten the curve" the end date of this curve flattening is still some what uncertain, with the end of june being touted, but the lock down powers are to be extended till September, so clearly they know something they are not telling us

the whole thing has been a case of drip feeding bad news, the end is always just round the corner, then it gets kicked back some more. it's almost like they dont want to give us our freedom back, after categorically stating they wernt having a vacine " passport" it's now being seriously considered, it seem a fair bet that it's going to be enacted in some form or other,

I've had my vacine invitation through, I'm not at all anti vac, but I'm resistant to be told I have to have it, then they sent me a strident reminder letter through, more or less demanding that I have it, so I've decided to dig my heels in and see what happens, I've havent felt this healthy since I was 28, I cant see any reason to

Latest Discussions