How did this happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Kenpo Lord

Brown Belt
Reaction score
How the heck did Sean Wold (AKA Touch O'Death) become a moderator here, have you guys gone completely insane? My coffee maker has more common sense.

Dark Lord

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Dark Kenpo Lord said:
How the heck did Sean Wold (AKA Touch O'Death) become a moderator here, have you guys gone completely insane? My coffee maker has more common sense.

Dark Lord
Small wonders never cease.
Sean :asian:

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats Sean,

I think you would make a fine moderator. Does that mean no more games in the Arusai Bar & Grill now that you have a full time job? Gee all that wasted talent too....no, you will be a good moderator, probably add alot of common sense. God Bless You!

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If we didn't have confidence in him, we wouldn't have asked him to join the team.

Sean's covering all three kenpo forums.

You'll notice several new faces on the staff...and more are coming.
And I have an announcement coming on June 1st.
Stay tuned. Same Bat Chanel. Same Bat WebSite. :)

(And yes...I am insane...see avatar for confirmation)
:rofl:

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
TigerWoman said:
Congrats Sean,

I think you would make a fine moderator. Does that mean no more games in the Arusai Bar & Grill now that you have a full time job? Gee all that wasted talent too....no, you will be a good moderator, probably add alot of common sense. God Bless You!
Thank you. I'm always stumped on the MA Scramble, but I intent to keep on playing. I'm probably not aloud to change the rules like we did on that one thread, however. %-}
Sean

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Reaction score
If it makes it a better game, a change in rules is always welcome.

OP
Dark Kenpo Lord

Dark Kenpo Lord

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Kaith Rustaz said:
If we didn't have confidence in him, we wouldn't have asked him to join the team.

Sean's covering all three kenpo forums.

You'll notice several new faces on the staff...and more are coming.
And I have an announcement coming on June 1st.
Stay tuned. Same Bat Chanel. Same Bat WebSite. :)

(And yes...I am insane...see avatar for confirmation)
:rofl:

Well, I've seen it all now, I'm just waitin' around for someone to get Steve Spry and make him the head of the IKKA next, same thing.

Dark Lord

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Dark Kenpo Lord said:
Well, I've seen it all now, I'm just waitin' around for someone to get Steve Spry and make him the head of the IKKA next, same thing.

Dark Lord
I don't know whom Steve Spry is, but tell him congratulations. :uhyeah:
Sean

Bill Lear

Brown Belt
Reaction score
OH MY GAWD!

Why would you make this guy a Moderator? On an EPAK board no less. What is it that you're confident that he's gunna do? Sean is not a voice of reason, and not the pleasant devil's advocate he makes himself out to be. Sometimes he's just antagonistic. I think making him a moderator is a mistake.

:eek:

OP
Dark Kenpo Lord

Dark Kenpo Lord

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Touch'O'Death said:
Thank you. I'm always stumped on the MA Scramble, but I intent to keep on playing. I'm probably not aloud to change the rules like we did on that one thread, however. %-}
Sean

Sean, you don't even have a grasp of the English language.

Dark Lord

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bill Lear said:
OH MY GAWD!

Why would you make this guy a Moderator? On an EPAK board no less. What is it that you're confident that he's gunna do? Sean is not a voice of reason, and not the pleasant devil's advocate he makes himself out to be. Sometimes he's just antagonistic. I think making him a moderator is a mistake.

:eek:
I thought you and Clyde would go into a tizzy about this, but if you stop and think about it, it is no longer my place to "antagonize" people. Before you quit in disgust... "again". Let's just see what happens. I could be the Kinder gentler Touch'O'Death. :wink1:
Now go take on the day.
Sean

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
Dark Kenpo Lord said:

Dark Lord
Clyde, are you applying for the job? If you are, feel free to contact me.

Seig

Rick Wade

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
:jedi1:
TOD Congratulations

To the rest of you yes TOD and I have had our diiffrences i.e. the Psadena studio; !'m still right. Just Kiding; however, to be a moderator you don't have to know the EPAK system front to back. you just have to know the MT forum rules, which I think he has a very strong gripp on. look how many times he has stepped up to the line in the sand and pi$$ed all of us off but never violated the rules. I say we throw our full support behind TODD and let him run with it. Congratulations Sean and good luck.
%-}

Bill Lear

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Touch'O'Death said:
I thought you and Clyde would go into a tizzy about this, but if you stop and think about it, it is no longer my place to "antagonize" people. Before you quit in disgust... "again". Let's just see what happens. I could be the Kinder gentler Touch'O'Death. :wink1:
Now go take on the day.
Sean

What exactly is your place?

Quit in disgust? I quit the first time as a matter of principle. The owner of the board broke his word to me about something, and that was the reason I quit. This comment seems quite antagonistic to me.

Now go take on the Day? That seems a little condescending and dismissive. Just like you, eh? Lot's of change already.

Oh, well... I'm not going to change anyone's mind. I'm sure you'll eventually make that change yourself anyway.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bill Lear said:
What exactly is your place?

Quit in disgust? I quit the first time as a matter of principle. The owner of the board broke his word to me about something, and that was the reason I quit. This comment seems quite antagonistic to me.

Now go take on the Day? That seems a little condescending and dismissive. Just like you, eh? Lot's of change already.

Oh, well... I'm not going to change anyone's mind. I'm sure you'll eventually make that change yourself anyway.
"The trash heap has spoken.", is dismissive. "Now go take on the day.", was a Dr. Laura reference. I suppose we could bat insults to eachother; however, I won't let that happen. Peace brother :asian:
Sean.

PS I'll change my signiture.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Code:
I'm just waitin' around for someone to get Steve Spry and make him the head of the IKKA next
That is never going to happen.
I thought Spry had changed his teaching regiment to an all Hawaian theam these days.

OP
Dark Kenpo Lord

Dark Kenpo Lord

Brown Belt
Reaction score
tshadowchaser said:
Code:
I'm just waitin' around for someone to get Steve Spry and make him the head of the IKKA next
That is never going to happen.
I thought Spry had changed his teaching regiment to an all Hawaian theam these days.
OK, then Grandmaster Adrian Chief Roman will be the next head of the IKKA, same thing as TOD becoming a mod here. There are some things you know just aren't right, and this is one of them. This is a definite new low for MT, getting close to Bullshido and whale dung.

DarK LorD

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Billy - I didn't break my word. I said I would look into that particular issue and discuss it with the staff. I did just that. Don't slight my honor. It may be tattered, but that wasn't an issue that did it.

Clyde - I've heard rumors that you actually know a great deal about kenpo. Maybe you can s-can the insults and show it a bit? Mike said if you want to discuss it contact him. Otherwise, got a problem? Offer a functional solution. Otherwise, if you don't like it here....

We didn't just draw names out of a hat. We've been discussing new staff since New Years (actually, before then even). Sean is an active member, who has earned the chance to share the headache by his actions. Yeah, there's been some heat. His actions over the time period we watched him said he deserved a chance. We're giving him that chance.

I've got room for up to 5 more mods in the kenpo area.

Y'all gonna whine like brats, or y'all gonna step up and earn your own chance at the ulser and hairloss?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions