Horse Bites HURT

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Our school does an End of the Year Sparring night sometime each December. People from other schools, mostly my Sifu's senior students, come and spar, we have the Student and Black Belt of the Year Awards, some door prizes, some butt kicking, it is a lot of fun.
So, the end of the night comes and Sifu tells everyone except the Black Belts to get off the mat. Then, each Black Belt chooses someone they want to spar for "the last dance". Mr Isador Reyes picked me. He's a leg fighter, 12 years younger than me and in much better condition. I whupped him! I stayed close so he couldn't kick and knocked the crap outta him and then, somehow, I managed to get him in a headlock, with him facing me. He's trying to kick, or punch or strike my groin, I'm leaned over him pounding on his lower back with my free hand and grinding my chin into his upper spine. I get one, then both of my hands free. His head was tucked under my bicep. I reach under and grab both sides of his chest about midway between his nipples and waist and squeeze with all I have left. After a moment he yelps and starts trying to punch me on the top of my left foot. Seconds later, Sifu yells stop, the night is over.
As we are changing he lifts up his shirt and on both sides, almost a perfect mirror image, he has 5 distinct and DARK bruises, four fingertips and a thumb on each side.
Those REALLY looked painfull...

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
We have two throws like that. One has you reaching up into the armpits and grabbing the edge of the pecs, the other the skin over the ribs.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I reach under and grab both sides of his chest about midway between his nipples and waist and squeeze with all I have left.

"Horse bites"? Man, next you'll be applying "titty-twisters", "Dutch-rubs" and "pink-bellies"!!!

Seriously though, You may be on to some good self-defense techniques here. Last year at an FMA seminar I met an Indonesian Silat instructor who made serious use of flesh-grabs and pinches. That is, if you can call techniques that rip big chunks of flesh right off your body "pinches"! Anything that causes that much pain has definitely got my respect.

Latest Discussions