Hops Shortage

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I love some of the MicroBrews and you are correct..I'll drink wine full time before I'd touch a Bud...

dubljay

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm right there with you Drac. If need be I'll harvest the hops that grown on my parents property and brew my own before I would be forced into drinking Bud or any of that watery garbage.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I'd give up drinking before I'd drink Bud....:soapbox:

Oh wait a minute:uhohh:... I quit drinking years ago:confused:.... never mind... :uhyeah:

But when I did I tended to drink Dark Beer anyway...Guinness

And I STILL didn't drink Bud

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm right there with you Drac. If need be I'll harvest the hops that grown on my parents property and brew my own before I would be forced into drinking Bud or any of that watery garbage.

My brother brews his own Mead and its good and potent..I'll get him to teach me..

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I will pay twice or three times what I currently pay for the massively hopped (but beautifully balanced) beers that our local, galaxy-class brewpub, Barley's, makes for $4.25 per honest pint, if that's what it takes. And I will likewise pay that much if the cost of Stone Ruination Ale, probably the best bottled beer on the planet, goes up that much. As I've heard it said, It's not a bargain if you don't like it. Besides, the reason Budweiser, Coors etc. won't be affected by the shortage is simple: they don't put hops in their beer. This is well-known. What they do is show a photo of a hop field to the beer while it's fermenting. And they don't hold the picture there for very long, either! :D

OP
C

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Ah, another hoppy customer! I had an excellent pint of hopped up IPA at a little brewery a week ago.

Is Ruination as hopped up as Arrogant Bastard?

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Since hops adds flavor to beer, Coors Light should be unaffacted... :lol:

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ah, another hoppy customer! I had an excellent pint of hopped up IPA at a little brewery a week ago.

Is Ruination as hopped up as Arrogant Bastard?

It's actually hoppier—at least as I judge the two—but it's not as massive. The extra alcohol in the Arrogant Bastard ramps up the hop effect. Ruination is more of a session ale (though you can't drink two many of those 22oz. bottles ina single session, in my experience :lol:) Ruination is a hophead's dream beer.... :)

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
Damn. That's harsh. I guess I'll just have to drink less beer but make sure it's better.

There's only one way to improve Miller / Pabst / Bud / Coors and the rest of them without completely changing the recipe:

Make sure the horse is getting his insulin shots :shrug:

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Damn. That's harsh. I guess I'll just have to drink less beer but make sure it's better.

There's only one way to improve Miller / Pabst / Bud / Coors and the rest of them without completely changing the recipe:

That's funny! I brew my own beer and stay away from major brands. I'll have to ask my local brewshop whether we're gonna run short or not around here. Lord, I hop not...er, hope not.

I'm with you on the darker beer, Tom. My last batch was my second batch of Irish Stout. Wonderful stuff and the great thing about brewing your own is that no two batches taste exactly alike.

RED

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Spening a couple dollars more on a premium beer wont affect me a bit. I'll spend $10-$11 on a four pack of Celebrator or $4 on a bottle of Holy grAil, buying Samual Adams 12 packs for 18-19 bucks wont bother me at all.

I agree that the mass produced beers out there lack flavor and full bodiedness of a quality beer, but they do have their spot in the world of beer drinking...to get obliterated with. And the style is great for back yard BBQs and get togethers like that that have unexperienced beer drinkers. You give a Guinness to a Natty light lover and they will more than likely give you a bitter beer face and slap your pride with a $5 receipt they just paid for thier 30 pack. Yes tasteless beer has it's place in the world.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Now THAT'S funny...

Latest Discussions