Home Training?

Giorgio

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hey, I just recently moved gym, and my new camp is about 40 minutes drive away. I go there twice a week, but it is impractical for me to go there every day, so I've been trying to do some work in between at home. D'you have any advice about what exercises work for you that you can do in a relatively small space? Thanks!

Truong

White Belt
Reaction score
alot of running, shadowboxing, jump roping and if u can set up a bag or already have one up..bag work working technique

savior

Green Belt
Reaction score
see if you can go to the gym every once in a while... pay for only the times you go and just learn the techniques.. go home for a few weeks and practice them and return to the gym to learn more

MetalStorm

Green Belt
Reaction score
Its not really for the training but I found a book I am really getting a lot out of for just getting into better over all shape and conditioning at home, its called complete conditioning for martial arts by sean cochran.

thaistyle

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I must agree with everyone else. Work on your conditioning (running, shadowboxing, etc.). Train your knees and elbows. You don't need much room to train those. Get to the gym when you can and as often as you can.

Reaction score
Hey, I just recently moved gym, and my new camp is about 40 minutes drive away. I go there twice a week, but it is impractical for me to go there every day, so I've been trying to do some work in between at home. D'you have any advice about what exercises work for you that you can do in a relatively small space? Thanks!

what i do:

burpees for 30 seconds then shadow boxing for 30 seconds and repeat for 2-3 mins then a 30 second rest between each round. (burpess condition the body well, you can add a pressup into each one aswell)

run 2 miles at least twice a week

bag work (2-3 min rounds with 30 secs in between for rest)

go to the gym for 2 hours twice a week

have the weekend off! (rest is as important as the training itself!)

good luck!

chris

Latest Discussions