Holliday Travel do you Pat or Scan?

Master Dan

Master Black Belt
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hollidays comming up our family is making an long trip and my wife and I watching the news related to getting scanned or pat down I asked what are you going to do Pat down or scan. Since she is a full time Nurse she get exposed to enough radiation risk as is so she said Pat Down.

I for one watching the news this morning listened to a man that said the TSA person stuck thier hands between his underwear and his skin? I had a sudden flash in my mind of going to jail or shot if that happened to me so I will be going to the Scanner.

I am now trying to think of what kind of under garments I can purchase that will have a happy face or possibly some appropiate hand gesture?

TSA with that many employees there has to be few perverts in the bunch? It gives a whole new meaning to fly the friendly Skys???

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I am not traveling, but if I did, I'd do it via rail or car. I am planning to never set foot in an airport again in my life unless it is to drop off or pick up someone else. I have no use for the TSA or the airlines.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The TSA hired convicted felons and gives them all access passes to airports. I'd avoid them if at all possible.

As to underwear, but the ones that look like animals. :D
Or, wear a kilt and go traditional.

Greg Anthony

White Belt
Reaction score
As long as there are body scanners or full body "pat-downs" I will not fly.

I could really care less if someone sees me naked or fondles my junk quite frankly...but it is a direct violation of my property rights. The property being ME.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I drive. Screw them.
Same here... driving over 600 miles to have Thanksgiving with family, gonna be wore-out by the time I get there but I can always sleep in late and have a good time later.

Eventually the TSA is going to hurt airline travel with their bullying and I'm guessing that the FAA will have a few words with them when enough airlines complain about the drop in flights.
Granted it probably won't be a huge drop (read somewhere that Atlanta airport sees some 240,000 people through it's doors a DAY) but likely a significant one where it'll pinch the wallets of the airlines.

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
Same here... driving over 600 miles to have Thanksgiving with family, gonna be wore-out by the time I get there but I can always sleep in late and have a good time later.

Eventually the TSA is going to hurt airline travel with their bullying and I'm guessing that the FAA will have a few words with them when enough airlines complain about the drop in flights.
Granted it probably won't be a huge drop (read somewhere that Atlanta airport sees some 240,000 people through it's doors a DAY) but likely a significant one where it'll pinch the wallets of the airlines.

With our luck, if they start losing money they'll go to the gov for a bailout.

I found this article via Fark. Apparently, the airports can opt for hiring private screeners as an alternative to using the TSA.
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/p...takes-aim-at-screening-1576602-108259869.html

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
TSA antics have cost the airlines an estimated 40 million customers I think I read.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm OK with not flying to visit family or not flying for a vacation, but I'm also looking at other job openings, most of which involve flying to a certain extent. Don't see much around that, and it ticks me off.

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am not traveling, but if I did, I'd do it via rail or car. I am planning to never set foot in an airport again in my life unless it is to drop off or pick up someone else. I have no use for the TSA or the airlines.

I wish I had that choice. I can't drive 6 days round trip for a week's vacation to see my folks. Nor can I justify to the institute taking an extra 4-6 days with extra hotel and gas expenses to drive to a conference. Air travel is now woven into the fabric of our lives, and is crucial for making the country run like it does. It's all but unavoidable for many of us even personally.

So it would be nice if our friendly government didn't make it as degrading and useless as it is. Air travel is already miserable enough even without the groping.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Can I request an opposite sex groper, just to make THEM uncomfortable?

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Can I choose which TSA employee gets to pat me down?? :)

Personally next time I go through a US airport, I'll take the scan. Funny I've crossed the land border about 100 times in the past year and I've never had anything more then questions at the booth.

Mark Jordan

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I'll just drive and enjoy the countryside. Besides, I still think airport security is just a big show.

OP
Master Dan

Master Dan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I'll just drive and enjoy the countryside. Besides, I still think airport security is just a big show.

How nice that so many of you can drive? I love Amtrack, cool diner cars, observation car, watching the computerized digital map of your progress as you go. Scenery even playing cards.

None of that for me it is over 600 air miles just to get to a starting road and then in winter it would take days to get to safer highways just to get to Seattle.

Worst Yet Alaska Airlines has a monopoly it cost $600 to $1300 round trip just to get to Anchorage before you can fly a cheaper airline.

Three summers ago the sea ice came back in from up north in june and Tourist were trapped here for over 7 days due to extreme fog.

I find it interesting the Isralies are now saying that scanning and TSA methods do not work and are not needed?

Latest Discussions