Holiday Food

mrhnau

Senior Master
Reaction score
Honey Baked Ham

Yummy!

I recently discovered yams w/ mashmellows on top. that was GOOD! I always love some nice fried Okra and stuffing/dressing w/ gravy. Good stuff!

*salivates*

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Just remembered, Cornbread stuffing and hush-puppies, goes well with a Turkey.

OP
terryl965

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Green Beans cassarole and twice baked potatoes

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Each year for holiday parties, I'll make a bunch of deep fried dumplings. They're stuffed with a tasty mixture of seasoned pork, cabbage, and onions, and fortified with garlic, three kinds of pepper, and a wee bit of thyme. Deep fry them in peanut oil, and you have tasty treats that disappear really quickly. Dip in a 50/50 mixture of soy sauce and vinegar, or a mixture of grated horseradish and brown mustard.

I never have to worry about leftovers, even if I make 150 of them. The only bad part of it is having to concentrate on rolling / folding up the wonton skins for each one of those dumplings, and sealing them with egg white.

Yes, yes, I know it's not "traditional" holiday food, but the people who know me consider it as a tradition now.

OP
terryl965

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Each year for holiday parties, I'll make a bunch of deep fried dumplings. They're stuffed with a tasty mixture of seasoned pork, cabbage, and onions, and fortified with garlic, three kinds of pepper, and a wee bit of thyme. Deep fry them in peanut oil, and you have tasty treats that disappear really quickly. Dip in a 50/50 mixture of soy sauce and vinegar, or a mixture of grated horseradish and brown mustard.

I never have to worry about leftovers, even if I make 150 of them. The only bad part of it is having to concentrate on rolling / folding up the wonton skins for each one of those dumplings, and sealing them with egg white.

Yes, yes, I know it's not "traditional" holiday food, but the people who know me consider it as a tradition now.

Sound great and it is tradition if you been doing it a while it is your tradition.

wee_blondie

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Never had an Irn-Bru, but it is supposed to be avaliable here in the States soon. I don't know where, but I'd like to give it a try. A bright orange colored drink that everybody has a slightly differing opinion of the actual flavor sounds interesting.

Yeah, they say "fruit flavour" but i have NEVER tasted any fruit even close to it! The old advert slogan was:

Made in Scotland, from Girders....

Come to think of it, it does taste slightly of rust.....

Latest Discussions