Ho Am/ITA TKD

SeanKerby

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Anyone here do this style or have any experience with it? I'm interested in the new stuff they are teaching now. I trained in USTA TKD along time ago. I know it's the same but I'd like to talk to some current students. Thanks!

stoneheart

Purple Belt
Reaction score
What are some of the new things the ITA is teaching? I know they were modifying their forms even more so than before...

OP
S

SeanKerby

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Without trying to sound like a jerk. If I knew what they were teaching, I wouldn't be asking about it.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Anyone here do this style or have any experience with it? I'm interested in the new stuff they are teaching now. I trained in USTA TKD along time ago. I know it's the same but I'd like to talk to some current students. Thanks!

Without trying to sound like a jerk. If I knew what they were teaching, I wouldn't be asking about it.

Well, you said you were interested in the new things they are teaching now - so that kind of looks like you know what they are, or perhaps I'm reading it wrong. Have you heard that they are teaching new things but don't know what they are? Is that what you're asking? If so, you might want to give some more information about when you were last in training and where, because that might help people to narrow down what has changed since then.

If it's not the above - that you don't know what's new since you were last training - but that you have seen some new things and would like feedback, then perhaps you could mention some of the new things you've seen, or perhaps some of the things you've heard about.

I've always been in Ch'ang H'on TKD - I started in the ITF - so I'm sorry than I can't help you with ITA information. Good luck!

OP
S

SeanKerby

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Kacey, you are correct. It would appear that I have some knowledge as to what they are teaching. I dont though, I only know what I read in a phone book advertisement. They usually dont go too in depth. I neglected to call said dojang as I have no interest in hearing it from an instructor. I'd rather hear or read about from the student perspective. Thanks for reminding me of the reason I asked.

stoneheart

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I read on another forum some of the "new" things the ITA is doing...

They're altering their unique versions of the Chang Hon forms even further to fit within a straight line and be contained into a smaller square. This obviously lets you pack more students onto the floor.

They're also copyrighting the new forms for business reasons, following the example of the Songahm organization the ITA sprang from.

Chizikunbo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I still have some reservations that forms can be copyrighted...no one seems to know "for sure"...I could understand names being trademarked, but as far as physical movements! If it is possible it spells mcdojang.

OP
S

SeanKerby

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for the little bit of info. Might I inquire the forum you read this?

stoneheart

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Martial Arts Planet. (won't post the url since I don't know what the rule is here...) There's some disaffected former ITA members from the UK that post there.

Dave Leverich

Black Belt
Reaction score
Chizikunbo, your avatar, is the guy on the right Wade Vierra? It looks just like his twist kick. (not a kick you see very often shown)

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
What does "Ho Am" stand for? "Am", I am guessing, stands for "American"? But what does the "Ho" stand for or is that a word?

Miles

Latest Discussions