Blue Cottage

Bret Hinds

Green Belt
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can find a video,dvd or book on these forms? I would like some info. for the sake of history on these poomse. All the best in the arts

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ch'ang H'on = blue cottage, which was the name given to Gen. Choi by his calligraphy teacher. It is used to indicate the tul (pattern) set he created, which is the tul set used by the ITF, as well as some groups in the WTF. You can find them written out step-by-step here.

OP
B

Bret Hinds

Green Belt
Reaction score
Thank you for the link page,the poomse listed are there but they have been changed from the first set of forms the Gen. has made I was looking for some history links to the pinon's any ideas? all the best in the arts

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thank you for the link page,the poomse listed are there but they have been changed from the first set of forms the Gen. has made I was looking for some history links to the pinon's any ideas? all the best in the arts

Those forms are the ones that were published in the first version of the Encyclopedia of Taekwon-Do in 1965 - except that there were only 20 in that version (not 25), and that version of the Encyclopedia also contains Shotokan forms. I doubt that those versions are available anywhere on-line, as the ones I linked to are the current versions performed in the ITF. I think that a copy of the 1965 Encyclopedia is going to be your best bet - I'd try eBay for that; that's where my copy came from.