Hip Flexor and the roundhouse

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If you had a serious hip flexor going on what would you do to train on your roundhouse. What drills and stretching routines would you do?

If it was a permonent injury could you still fight anf throw the roundhouse?

Just was wondering

Terry

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
terryl965 said:
If you had a serious hip flexor going on what would you do to train on your roundhouse. What drills and stretching routines would you do?

If it was a permonent injury could you still fight anf throw the roundhouse?

Just was wondering

Hip flexor is important muscle to almost ALL kicking. I would seek to rehabilitate it rather than risking more serious injury with drills and training.

What do you mean by "permanent" injury?

OP
terryl965

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
zDom said:
Hip flexor is important muscle to almost ALL kicking. I would seek to rehabilitate it rather than risking more serious injury with drills and training.

What do you mean by "permanent" injury?

Well my son Zachary has a diesease that has one side bigger than the other so when he works out the hip is off around an inch from the left to the right side. He has a insteep to help with shoes but of course you can't wear them all the time since this is a permant injury he will always be like a hip flexor. Yes the doctors knows he does TKD andcompetes and they think it is great that he is able to withstand all the pain all the time but as time goes by he will be getting older and the result maybe well lets say getting worst, so I was wondering if there are new area's that we do not know about for people like this.
Terry

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
You know I recall Bill Wallace once showing us an exercise where he would chamber a round kick and just do multiple reps, pm me if you want to know how to do the execise percisely. Food for thought, however I would recommend a physical therapist. What helps me doesn't help everyone else and vice versa.

Latest Discussions